PDA

View Full Version : how to remove front bumper

Boost_N_Grip
04-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Like the post says Im trying to remove my front bumper and cant. I removed the screws in the wheel well and the 2 under the support, its loose but doesnt wanna come off... wut gives???

Oh i have any S4 bumper..

Starting
04-02-2006, 12:12 PM
push the sides back and down. if that doesnt work try pushing the bottom of each side back and down and out a bit. And try to push the top of each side up and out.

diegomatrix
04-02-2006, 12:32 PM
haha... or if you get too frustrated.., you can always take your lights out, and get a long screwdriver and pop the hood off the clips.. only takes 5 secs..

Poopie
04-02-2006, 12:47 PM
^ thats what I ended up doing. My driver side comes out easily, but the passenger side dosen't.

CaSp3r9
04-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Push it in as far as it will go from the front then one side at a time, push down and towards the rear then pull out away from the wheel and forward. It takes some muscle, but be careful - don't over do it and crack the paint on your bumper/break something. If you still can't figure it out I'm pretty sure APR has step by step instructions on their site. It's really simple if you know what to do.

Boost_N_Grip
04-02-2006, 06:29 PM
thanx guys..... I cant believe it took me soo long to remove this bloody thing...... for about an hr Im tryin to get it off, atking my time so i dnt break anything.... then i jus got frustrated and said whut the hell if it breaks it breaks... For some reason that worked...[:D] now i can finally install my front Mount....

Axxis
04-02-2006, 06:47 PM
drive around the block a few times

1MoreSilverA4
04-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Wow all that trouble to take off your bumper? Good Luck installing your Front mount haha

AudiSport12
04-02-2006, 09:38 PM
i had my S4 bumper off today. it was a pain in the ass to get it off. the drivers side popped out very easily compared to the passenger side. i had to really yank and pull that puppie to get her off. was puttin my snub in

Wholsea
04-03-2006, 04:57 AM
To do anything on the front en dof these cars isn't that bad, the worst thing is the bumper itself.

On the passenger side I remove the lower grille and attack the "J-Hooks" with a long screw driver, on the drivers side, I peel back the wheel liner and hit the "J-Hooks" from the back side, not too much muscle involved, but I sure do scrape my knuckles... Don't have to worry about spidering the paint either...

A4_Andre
04-03-2006, 06:45 AM
there is a write up on APR, but it's for the S4 bumper... i would assume this is basically the same process for the A4