PDA

View Full Version : wetterauer k04

GraysonF
03-29-2006, 09:48 PM
hey guys, ive searched this, and only came up with very little info. i only found one person with a wetterauer k04 program for their car. i have giac k04 right now, but the closest giac place is 2 hours away. the local german shop deals only with wetterauer. anyone have any info about a wetterauer k04 program? whats the deal? i have bosch 310cc red tops lying around in my rooom, and searching told me the program uses this. im not saying i would switch software for sure, but closer is always better, and i might even be able to get a custom k04 program written especially for me. any one have any input on this, it would be great.

badassbaldie
03-29-2006, 10:29 PM
A couple of things about Wetterauer:

IMO, the programming is more conservative than GIAC. I held about 12-13 psi of boost with Wett while my GIAC holds about 15-16. I switched to GIAC because I'm planning on going PC-16 in the future.

I talked with DAFT not too long ago (also runs with WETT) and he said that they are in the process of new R&D to "get back into the game" so to speak. I would talk to him about it for he is a good and reliable source for information.

a4cefed
03-30-2006, 07:15 AM
i have to agree with John ^
i have his wett chip now and let me say it is very smooth. it is not as agressive as the giac but is still a great chip.

alen
03-30-2006, 08:57 AM
gfanellia4, what year are you? if you're pre 2000 you'd need 310cc and an afpr to run with the pc-16 file (also fmic highly recommended). otherwise if you're staying with the regular k04 power, stay with giac. if you want the pc-16 i'd definitely recommend you ship out your ecu for it to get the new chip to any giac dealer countrywise.