PDA

View Full Version : rs4 mounts

lovintheboost
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
well today i got my car back with s4 sloted rotors, SB clutch, oem flywheel, ecs tie rod/control arm kit, and rs4 mounts from ecs.

car feels so much better with tie rods that arnt about to fall off the car. tie rods were BAD.

still braking in the clutch but it feels great.. oem quality.

havnt had a chance to heat up the brakes in any hard driving but hey they look good

the rs4 mounts i got are from ecs they say audi on them but i suspect they are replicas. there is alot more vibration now over stock.. i cant imagine a rs4 having the same amount of vibration.. then again these were never intended to be on my car as far as audi is concerned. im ok with the vibration but i will put up with more then the average audi owner when it comes to comfort. if you are considering these be warned of the vibration.

next up is to have my new tires mounted 4 wheel alignment then my first track event!

Cactus00S4
03-28-2006, 08:19 PM
i got rs4 mounts and a APR snub, yeah id say thers more vibration, but i love the rs4s, nice and solid feel

lovintheboost
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
what about the snub mount? yay or nay

i have awe dts and the rs4 mounts and still feel a bit of slop when i let off the gas abruptly (spelling?).

boostedup
03-28-2006, 08:21 PM
just an edumacated guess, but the RS4 mounts were meant to hold an engine that weighs probably almost double what the 1.8T weighs, meaning they wouldn't vibrate as much with all that weight pushing down on them.

lovintheboost
03-28-2006, 08:25 PM
like i said never intended to be in my car. but i still dont think the ones i bought from ecs are the real deal. probably less vibration from oem rs4. i only think this because the were pretty cheap and was pre warned that they may be knock offs.

i do like the solid feel.. and i kinda like the vibration. the more uncomfortable my car is the more i feel like im driving a racecar:)