PDA

View Full Version : X-post from AW. (keyless range)

boostedup
03-28-2006, 01:15 PM
http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2521529.phtml

well, i was reading the tech article and took off c-pillar, and no clear wire, checked under the seat nothing, anyone with a 2001 wanna jump in and tell me where the antenna for the keyless remote is in MY 2001??

calbear
03-28-2006, 07:03 PM
you need to remove the plastic trim around the small window.

the clear antenna wire is taped in 2 places in the aw write up i did last nite

boostedup
03-28-2006, 07:21 PM
i thought in the write up you said that it was behind that panel[confused] . I saw the tape in the picture and it was where the airbag is in my picture, but no antenna there??

thx in advance if you can clear this up for me. Maybe you can us MSpaint and draw an arrow pointing to where the antenna is in my picture[:D] yes i must be retarded sorry........

boostedup
03-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Ok, i see in the tech article now, it's in the smaller plastic trim that goes around the small window, at first i did'nt realize that in that picture both trims were removed, I am gonna try this tomorrow.
Do i have to remove the trim that i removed or does the smaller trim come out without doing so?

IKE20VA4
03-28-2006, 09:56 PM
haha I hope you don't go on a wild goose chase. But I thought some years had the antennae built into the door lock vaccum pump box in the passenger side of the trunk...I am a 2001 also..haven't looked for the wire yet though.

boostedup
03-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm gonna try tomorrow, [:D] I'll let you know how it turns out. I checked the trunk, under the back seat, so i'm guessing that guy Mancus know what he's talking about since he's done it before. He said his range increased 10 fold thats pretty good considering the weak range it has now. Won't hurt to try.

But like i said i'll let you know how it works out.[wrench]