PDA

View Full Version : installing reiger V2 kit soon...

A4_Andre
03-28-2006, 08:55 AM
ok, so i ordered everything and am just waiting on the new lower door moldings to come in from ECS before the car goes in for painting... my question is does anyone have write-ups on the installation process or able to give me details on how to do it?

On AW they have one for the front bumper, but it doesnt seems to basic and that there are steps missing. or perhaps im thinking into it too much. I have to remove the metal brace from the OEM bumper, install it and then glue the reiger one to it? after installation how would i remove it then if i have to do my timing belt again?

the skirts seem easy. rip off the old and glue on the new.

For the rear... Does it clip on or do i have to insert screws anywhere?

If anyone in the NYC area has done this before and would like to help me out one day, feel free![wrench]

Rosati
03-28-2006, 09:30 AM
I could help , Im right next to the GWB and would like to get them as well.

Starting
03-28-2006, 09:47 AM
pretty easy to do. search for my name because i have written up how to do the reiger bumper for a couple people.

For the side pull the old ones off clean the sills real good and then glue the reiger ones on. I also put a screw in the front and rear and it wasn't noticeable at all and gave me a peice of mind.

For the rear it doesn't clip in but slides in sorta tight. What I did was drilled holes through the clips and put screws through because I have heard of it falling off on people.

A4_Andre
03-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Starting
pretty easy to do. search for my name because i have written up how to do the reiger bumper for a couple people.

i did a search, but came up unsuccessful. i'm curious where the screws would be installed. i still dont seem to understand how if you install the reinforcement bar and then glue the bumper to it, how you can remove it later without ripping off the bumper if you have to take it off. i guess after i remove the front bumper myself this will become more clear.

Starting
03-28-2006, 04:57 PM
For some reason I can't find it either.

For the front bumper remove the old bumper and cut out the reinforcement bar. What I suggest you do is buy a used reinforcement bar and keep the stock one useable. Put the bar on the car and barely start the 2 torx bolts. From here put the bumper onto the car and mark where those torx bolts will be. Drill those holes out and then retest fit the bumper. At this point align the bumper and reinforcemnt bar loosely on the car and put so tension on the torx bolts and make sure the sides by the wheels are where you want them. Then take the bumper off once again and apply a liberal amount of glue(whatever was included/epoxy) to the support bar. Put the bumper on the car and tape it into place. Drill a hole in each inner fender and put a screw. You won't be able to see the screw and i think it is the best way to secure the sides. Make sure the bumper is taped tight where you want it and tighten down the torx bolts. Let it sit over night.

A4_Andre
03-28-2006, 05:11 PM
now that doesnt sound bad at all... i'm sure it will seem a lot easier when i'm actually going through the steps.

Thanks man!