PDA

View Full Version : tint ticket

a4rings
03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Well some piece of shit cop drove around our school parkinglot giving out tickets to all the cars he saw that were breaking the law. I got a ticket for no front plate, and one for my tint being too dark in the front(they are 5%). What is the procedure for the tint? do i get the tint place to write it off that they took it off or do i have to take the tint off and then take it to court to show them? I was wondering because my friend's car looks very similar to my a4 and was wondering if there is any way i could just switch plates and take his car? thanks guys

AudiGuy666
03-27-2006, 04:05 PM
that blows , what a ****ing loser cop

Raddue
03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
You could get your eye doctor to say you have a sensativity to light. I heard someone did that and got away with the ticket.

S4 Dan
03-27-2006, 04:16 PM
ive heard teh same, might be worth a shot... good luck [up]

SeanF
03-27-2006, 04:18 PM
in texas my mom was actually perscribed window tint by her eye doctor... and she could go darker than the legal limit, but im not sure how much...

a4rings
03-27-2006, 04:22 PM
i heard that too, but what do i say to the doctor? "the sun hurts my eyes when i drive"?

scooter44
03-27-2006, 04:24 PM
haha, i dont know thats a good question. How much was the ticket for the plate and the tint?

a4rings
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
the plate was 25bucks and the tint was just a fix it, the ticket didnt have a price on it.

SeanF
03-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by SeanF
in texas my mom was actually perscribed window tint by her eye doctor... and she could go darker than the legal limit, but im not sure how much...

i will say however, when we moved here to NC, they told her to take off the tint, and they didnt give a shit about her eyes...

hey4
03-27-2006, 05:02 PM
switch the plates. They won't know what car it is. Chances of it being the same cop are very small. even smaller that they will remember it.

.aye four.
03-27-2006, 05:24 PM
I recently got pulled over for tint also. It was a sheriff he actually carried a tint sensor with him, he busted a U-turn on the highway cause he said it looked like my tint dark when he passed by. I thought that was odd cause I had mine tinted with 35% film. Which was what the tint place told me was the legal limit was here in Texas. He metered my glass and it came out to be 23% with a +- 2% error. He said the legal limit in Texas was 25% so I got off with just a verbal warning. Don't know why I got a warning cause I was clearly within the limits with the error factor of course.

01'A41.8T
03-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by .aye four.
Don't know why I got a warning cause I was clearly within the limits with the error factor of course.

So you could grovel at his almighty forgiveness [rolleyes]

Mr_You
03-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Uhhh.. do what you're suppose to do, hire a lawyer if you want to break the law.

Err thats the legal way. So far you've only mentioned more illegal ways. Could be asking for more trouble.

Wholsea
03-27-2006, 07:31 PM
*sigh* When I had my jetta, I had around 5 tint tickets at $80 a pop.

Some cops will make you show up in court with the tint you removed to prove that you removed the tint, some cops just want you to pay the fine so he can pop you every time he sees you...

You can get a note from your doctor (My brother has this and gets out of tint tickets all the time)

But I say you gotta pay to play.. Either get a note from the doctor/remove the tint, or pay the ticket and hope you don't get fined again...

ExpLlclT
03-27-2006, 10:49 PM
well my friends and i live in suburbia and have come up with the reasons why cops pull some crazy shit over nothing .... to pay for all the landscaping on the medians .... !!! consperacy ....

nizmosx
03-27-2006, 11:31 PM
two things you can do,
you can

A) remove the tint and sign off the ticket, pay ten dollars and its done with

or you can

B) choose to not fix the tint, pay the hundred and something guilty fine and leave the car as is.

just a heads up your first offense on tint will be around 170 if you choose not too fix next ticket will double if you get it again. This happend to my brother, HE REFUSES TO REMOVE HIS TINT.

sushi_turbo
03-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah I also chose to pay the fine, which was $120, and leave my 20% all around tint as it is.

robots_are_neon
03-28-2006, 04:15 AM
i mean there are worse tickets to recieve, but they are bitch: i got two -two weeks apart from eachother, luckily they were close enough together I only had to redo the tint once and got both signed off for at once

durfA4
03-28-2006, 04:24 AM
Im not sure the ticket was legal, I know a lot of cops in Milwaukee and they can not do any thing if you are not driving the car. From your post the cop went through the parking lot and fined any cars that dont meet street regulations. You "could have taken off your Front Plate at school for a Picture"

Bottom line you were not driving the car there for no legal fine.

He cant Fine you for removing the Cat if your working on the car in your garage.

Wholsea
03-28-2006, 04:58 AM
Also, you can get dinged on your insurance for this type of ticket as well..

Shows up as a "Equipment Violation" and they (the insurance company) can't tell why, nor do they care, your premiums just go up...

shreddervai
03-28-2006, 11:25 AM
i dont understand why tint shops do tint under the legal limit if they arent allowed. Wouldnt that mean they are involved in criminal activity?

SeanF
03-28-2006, 12:10 PM
aye four, did the cop roll down one of the windows, or shoot from the inside out? if he shot from the outside in, with both windows up, then the lights gonna have to go through 2 tinted windows...

.aye four.
03-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by SeanF
aye four, did the cop roll down one of the windows, or shoot from the inside out? if he shot from the outside in, with both windows up, then the lights gonna have to go through 2 tinted windows...

The unit that measures the window actually slides over the edge of the glass and measures the single window.

like this one

http://www.chiefsupply.com/images/M100b.jpg

NUISANCE
03-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Tint is no longer a fix it ticket in Cali. You pay the fine either way. The plate can be written off though.

Xtremespd
03-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Was your car in a parking lot or was it on the street. When i had to go to court for other issues the judge had thworn out some tickets that a cop had written up in a parking lot at a shopping mall. Somoething about they cant write a ticket like that on private property. Maybe something to look into. But chances are they will get you sooner or later.

a4rings
03-28-2006, 03:31 PM
yea i got the ticket when my car was parked in the school parking lot. I'm in cali and there is no price for the violation on the ticket for the tint, i would rather just pay the fine and keep the tint because i think i will have a hard time find tint to match the rear windows because i got my tint while i was in LA. But does it mean that i cant pay a fine and keep the tint if there is not price on the ticket?

Wholsea
03-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Yeah, unless you go to a private school, the school parking lot is public property :-(

If there is a number on the ticket, call that number, they should be able to tell you what the cost is...