PDA

View Full Version : whatcha guys think

s4awdblue
03-27-2006, 09:06 AM
ok, i have a little regret buying my 59,800 s4 when i have been reading your posts about running in the 11's and 12's with your a4's. the rs4 is coming and i wish i didnt pay 60 grand for my s4 and just coughed up the extra 10 for the rs4.

I cant take away the functionability plus the every day bliss of driving a v8 that has the delivery and smoothness the powerband has, plus the sound from these motors is unreal..

but to give you guys respect, you guys have the abiltiy to mod the shit outta your cars, our parts are few and far between and very very expensive, plus you guys can keep that sleeper image and still blow the doors off some fast cars, what i think audi's are known for.

so, would you guys pay for the prestige of the s4 and the v8 if you could afford it, or stick with the a4's and mod them out down the road? by the way, keep it up with the modding!!!

[race]

boostedup
03-27-2006, 09:11 AM
personally, i loooooooove the B5 S4, or B5 RS4 of course.

But i wish i would've bought the B5 S4 i wouldve done minimal mods to it. (chip,boost gauge, rims, suspension.) and been done with it.

awahl63
03-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by boostedup
personally, i loooooooove the B5 S4, or B5 RS4 of course.

But i wish i would've bought the B5 S4 i wouldve done minimal mods to it. (chip,boost gauge, rims, suspension.) and been done with it.
me too but I'd add exhaust

boostedup
03-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by awahl63
me too but I'd add exhaust

well, me too. I just meant minimal mods. like i would also do tint, Short shifter. Vag mods, u know stuff that is 5-600$ or less...........[:D]

awahl63
03-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by boostedup
well, me too. I just meant minimal mods. like i would also do tint, Short shifter. Vag mods, u know stuff that is 5-600$ or less...........[:D]
we all know we'd end up modding it more than that...it's just a matter of time and money

boostedup
03-27-2006, 09:24 AM
we all know we'd end up modding it more than that...it's just a matter of time and money

well, i would also do you know K04's, DV's,.................Ok, Ok!! fine!! maybe i would end up wanting to mod it more than a little!![:D]

Double
03-27-2006, 09:54 AM
I had an STi and really enjoyed the car, but I use a beater to get back and forth to work because I'm only 6 blocks from work and was only driving it once or twice a week, hard to justify. So I bought my A4. To me the car is just as nice (with the mods done) but 1/2 the money.

AudiA4_20T
03-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Tell me about it... [wrench]

LateraLex
03-27-2006, 12:27 PM
If money wasn't an issue I'd go S4 - just for the torque.

In reality however I believe I can get amazing power if I go BT on the A4.

minira
03-27-2006, 01:15 PM
if i had the money to buy an S4 i would have. wouldn't have to spend as much time modding and tuning to get some power out of these little motors, but it is fun! i see your point on getting big power and holding a sleeper look, but power off the bat is nice, for me. if i had the money to buy an rs4 i would in a heart beat.

drlandry00
03-27-2006, 01:23 PM
I would have done what you did, bought the best of the best, S4, and throw a few mods into it, and be done with it. I have spent over 5000 on my car so far, and others have gone into the 20000$$ range in mods. I would take the new V8 S4 anyday. jsut for prestige and power. I think you did Ok with the S4, but if ya had the $$$$ I would trade in the S4 and jump alll over that RS4. then you have what everyone else wants..

the don dotta of all Audi's... RS4 [hail] [rs4]

AudiA4_20T
03-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Personally, I dont think Id even want an S4. I love working on my car and the 1.8T is an impressive engine, and so many things can be reached easily. When a turbo on an A4 goes, its maybe an hour to throw a new one in... on an S4... its like $4k for pulling the motor. Also, with new threads like Gavins run into the 11s, our cars have just as much potential as S4s even with K04s (Which costs a ton more!)..

All in all, I couldnt be any happier with my car. I love the look, interior, motor, oos and aaaahhhsss I get from the ladies, and all for under $10k.

s4awdblue
03-27-2006, 01:51 PM
yea , u guys are right, i think i did ok... but i love seeing these cars modded, and it seems like s4 guys just add exhaust or change a grill and then they are like my car is so different... it just feels like a kick in the balls when i saw an a4 with the s package for 36 grand... i was like damn, you could put a huge turbo wheel exhaust package for like 10 grand, and beat most cars starting in 2nd gear.. all audi's are the shit, we got awd, prestige, and luxury not to mention i think these are the best looking 4 door cars to mod... sti's and wrx's might beat us in the quater, but on sat night picking up the new chick or rolling to the club, u cant go wrong with the audi....

rs4 is a freakin beast, but for the money i would rather buy a new s4 and spend the rest on a motorcycle or a pimp vacation to europe... if anybody is buying an s4 check the prices, my bro picked up one for 9 grand cheaper cause he picked up an 05.5 and mine was an 06. same car, navi the whole nine, and trust me u cant tell about the new diff when it comes to launches unless u buy a sick clutch.... all time fav audi, is the b5 s4 black with widebody and upgraded turbos...freaking sick!!!![s4]

AudiA4_20T
03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
yea true the B5 widebodys are insane.... Can't go wrong but wouldn't drop that much on a kit b/c Id spend the extra money on something else, but if you have the money then whatever heh... Anyway good luck with the S4 bro... Its a beast and when a S/C comes out ull be raping everything and wondering why you wrote this post haha.

offroader1006
03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
id trade my car for any newer turbo, or S.

AlmondA4
03-27-2006, 08:29 PM
I'd just get a A8