PDA

View Full Version : A4 1.8t - non-chipped EBC installed

mathew r
03-25-2006, 08:21 AM
Spending three hours of work. Me and my mate finally installed a EBC on my A4 1996.

As I understand it, my 1996 doesn't require a chip for low boost.

Having been itchy for the whole two weeks (was busy at work), I could finally installed the EBC [wrench] today!

First time i trired to test the 'peak' setting of the internal wastegate of hte little snail. Second & third gear it is showing only 0.3 bar at max.

Seted the boost controller to 0.8 (.78 bar to be exact) bar, i am one happy driver [drive]

My and my mate had a run on the highway, he was pulling alittle ahead of me, and he has a APR chip and exhaust (he is running one bar).

I am not a newbie to turbo cars. So i tend to spend what works the best for me. For huge power upgrade, i would just jump to a larger GT2540r ball bearing and have my mate (who is ECU guru) flied to my country and tune it.

My comment on A4's k03.

In terms of turbo, not very response compared to my other car.

Dump valve is not dumping air fast & large enough, everytime i slow down, i can feel its pumping back.

Me being in high 30's, every dollar I spend have to provide me with best value nad power.

My lovely a4 avant project begins.haha..

next mod on the list is adjsutable fuel regulator and turn up the boost....
hahaah I have a feeling i can match with my mate's apr chipped A4 1.8t [:D] i no time..

if not, i will goto wreckers and go turbo shopping

Neo1130
03-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Are you a pirate? Butt pirate? You keep calling that dude your "mate."

mathew r
03-25-2006, 08:35 AM
I am not from US

aberke
03-25-2006, 08:40 AM
you couldve figured that out when his location is under your bonnet, i have yet to hear an american call a hood a bonnet

A4ringedONE8T
03-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Neo1130
Are you a pirate? Butt pirate? You keep calling that dude your "mate."

Are you an asshole, a big asshole? Im sure your language doesnt sound exactly correct to him either!!

aberke
03-25-2006, 11:07 AM
ya...come on now, we're all friends here. no need to take cheap shots at someones dialect

black9918tq
03-25-2006, 11:10 AM
haha funny thread....what ebc are u running..mate....

drlandry00
03-25-2006, 11:13 AM
HAHA, back to the subject. how is your car running with the extra boost? are there any throttle problems? is the a/f ratio correct?

just wondering because when intorducing more boost to a stock system it has it limitations thus causing problems with the ecu readings. make sure they are all set..

drlandry00
03-25-2006, 11:20 AM
i jsut read your whole post. why not just get chipped????

i have a feeling that all these little mods you are doing wont get you close to your buddies chipped car.. and they might cause some havic on your stock ecu and systems.. might wanna run logs to check and make sure eveything looks ok.

mathew r
03-26-2006, 08:13 AM
We had a/f meter when setting the boost controller...it is a Trust

The chip here costs double of what you get from the states in terms of the price. all these costed me $400 US so far

I know i will get a proper turbo at the end , no i aint going to get any chip.

as i mentioned in the other thread, i have had a 400hp Evo III, with fultronic and T04 ball bearing tubro, GTR 33 Mines ECU. not a newbie to turbo...and i know what i m doing...my car ran high 11's on street tires.

Will run log next sat

mike-2ptzero
03-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by mathew r
We had a/f meter when setting the boost controller...it is a Trust

The chip here costs double of what you get from the states in terms of the price. all these costed me $400 US so far

I know i will get a proper turbo at the end , no i aint going to get any chip.

as i mentioned in the other thread, i have had a 400hp Evo III, with fultronic and T04 ball bearing tubro, GTR 33 Mines ECU. not a newbie to turbo...and i know what i m doing...my car ran high 11's on street tires.

Will run log next sat

Are you also watching EGT's now that you are running higher boost without changing any of the other stuff the chip would change? Because without changing adv timing for the higher boost the EGT's will also change.

Neo1130
03-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by A4ringedONE8T
Are you an asshole, a big asshole? Im sure your language doesnt sound exactly correct to him either!!

Argh!! Ye must want to join yhar club!!

http://mrlegman.com/buttepirate.jpg

MR VTEC
03-26-2006, 03:15 PM
LMAO!!!

AFOUR_PLAY
03-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey Mathew,

You an Aussie by any chance?

mathew r
03-26-2006, 06:24 PM
yup.