PDA

View Full Version : Front track traction issues

AHB900
03-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey guys i have a question. I was wondering do you front track guys have any traction issues? like do you guys spin your wheels alot on launchs? (with chip). How is the front track in the twisty roads? Do you guys think coilovers and sway bars make the front track handle alot better than stock? And what do you guys do for exhaust system since only 2 companys acutally make a exhaust for fronttrack and they are both very high priced? how much do the custom build exhausts go for like something with a deep sound 2.5 inch piping etc.

Thanks

atwalker6
03-25-2006, 08:06 AM
well im a front trak also...and yeaa i am chipped with a n-75j and launching is a tricky but with any descently quick fwd car is hard to launch...right now i have the fk coilovers and the thing handles amazing, especially if ya get into corner weighting the car and all...and my best opinion for exhaust is pick up a muffler have someone do all the piping for ya...or i think tectonics has something out now??

SoleMate
03-25-2006, 10:39 AM
More than 2 companies make exhausts.

Coilovers helped my car immensly. I plan on getting sway bars in the near future as well. Launching isn't great, I usually try to race ppl on the highway

A4ringedONE8T
03-25-2006, 10:51 AM
I have a B6 frontrak with a K04. You cant slam the gas down in first gear, obviously the tires are going to spin, but I never spin anymore. Its just a matter of learning how to drive the car and take it right to the edge where you keep traction and dont break loose. I have H&R springs and H-Sport S4 Sways. They helped tremendously with handling but for traction I dont think did much. If your asking about traction in corners, I never have a problem. I can go through any corners once Im rolling and never loose traction.

Shawn

AHB900
03-25-2006, 12:03 PM
oh thanks guys great replys exactly what i wanted to hear except the whole you cant really launch it part. But thanks