PDA

View Full Version : Tires you Run

drlandry00
03-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Guys, I am picking up a set of 18" S4 reps very soon, And I will need to put some rubber on them. I have had yoko Paradas on other rims and have loved them. I have been on a few tire sites and read some reviews. Seems like every 18" review on any tire complains about noise level.

What are the tires you run, have run, and reviews. I want to spend about 160$ and under per tire.

I hate reading reviews from ricers, they never worry about performance. all about well the tread is COOL looking and the sidewalls are cool. **** that. how do they handle, wet, dry. tread wear.

I want the low down from some guys I trust about cars..

LateraLex
03-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Dave

I just bought some tires and didn't want to spend $250 a corner for top notch rubber. I ended up with Kuhmo ASX's. It was a good price and has good reviews.

onemoremile
03-24-2006, 06:07 PM
i just dropped 270 on a full set. they are for 16" wheels so they are a little cheaper but the tires themselves are excellent. to be honest i don't see a whole hell of a lot of difference between these and the pilot sports i used to run. those were big bucks.

i got sumitomo htr z. tire rack had a very nice special going.

for the money, the bfg g-force sport is excellent. tires are definitely a funny thing to purchase. that last 10% of performance costs 90% of the money.

duhvinci
03-24-2006, 06:15 PM
I've been using Sumitomo HTR+ for many years on most of our cars... I find this tire to be a good overall balance of smooth ride and good predictable handling on dry or wet. Does ok on mild snow. Tread wear is 360 in most perfirmance speed ratings. And it stays quet all throughout its wear cycle, does not get loud with "age"

It is an all season tire, so the sidewall is a little softer than summer tires...

Not sure how important it is to you, but one of the selling points for me in addition to the price and reviews, was the fact that these tires are non-directional, and allowed me for complete X tire rotations for even wear. Have them on my S70 T5 (17") and just got them for A4 (18")

D

Eurotuned_A4
03-24-2006, 07:27 PM
i forget what i have, but i have some all season type tires. mountains are close by and i needed something that would do ok with the ice and snow mix. tires are great and i cant complain.

boostedup
03-24-2006, 07:36 PM
i run Goodyear Eagle F1's, love them good traction wet/dry. But i have 19's so they are a little noisy. (probably a little less in 18's).

P.S. they are on the pricey side though.

sushi_turbo
03-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Have Bridgestone Potenza S03s on both my SSR Competitions and DPE R06s. One of the best tires you can run.

Jovian
03-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I also use some all year tires. New England weather is harsh sometimes and I dont have the money for multiple sets. I just have Goodyear Assurance TripleTred. I know its nothing special but does the trick.