PDA

View Full Version : green windshield w/ gray upper tint?

calbear
03-24-2006, 04:53 PM
x aw.

went back to the glass shop this morning and they verified the part # from zumbach audi was indeed the 'ac' green version.

still not quite sure why the header is tinted gray. the front is still different shade from the rest of the windows, but they swear it's green.

not that big of a deal i suppose, but can anyone verify that the 'green' tinted w/s does have a gray header tint vs the original blue/green tint? there are no part# on the w/s that i can see to re-verify that they did give me the right part #.

aberke
03-24-2006, 05:57 PM
what are you talking about?

did i miss something

calbear
03-24-2006, 06:16 PM
[before]:

saw a previous posting about using an allroad compass mirror into b5 and it was mentioned that the mount was changed.

i have a 2005 audi a4 compass/autodim mirror that i bought from autorecycler that i wanted to put into my b5.

i cracked the windshield trying to get the old mirror off and then, today the glasshop said that the new mirror will NOT work on the oem winshield since it's for a car w/ rainsensor and the button is not the same size.

is there a fix around this? change the mount? use some sort of adaptor? i was looking at gentex and they said that i could get some sort of adaptor at napa that they use. not sure if it'll work, but thought i'd check with you before going aftermarket.

thx.