PDA

View Full Version : WHOOHOO! Got my Cruise control to work I think

Poopie
03-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Its never worked till I sprayed the crap out of it with contact cleaner! This should make those long drives easier on my leg and keep me from speeding.

onemoremile
03-24-2006, 02:09 PM
my contacts are getting funky too. i was on the freeway today and using the turn signal cancelled cruise twice. the resume/accel works every time but the set only works half the time. funny stuff.

SeanF
03-24-2006, 02:13 PM
mine never works, but i dont think its cuz of the stalk...

i think it has to do with me being able to start the car without the clutch pushed in...

as if the car always things the clutch is in, so it wont let the cruise engage... any ideas ANYONE?!!?

Poopie
03-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Hmmm my set doesn't work at all. I just hit resume twice and it does the trick.

Eurotuned_A4
03-24-2006, 02:33 PM
lol, ill have to play with mine now. doesnt work but it did when i first bought it. i wish it would work though. its sad how my audis cruise control doesnt work, but my girlfriends ford focus does...lol.

BTW, poopie i still havent received the carpet. once i do ill ship it out.

Poopie
03-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey don't sweat it. I'm not in a rush. Get your box all buttoned up?

Yeah cruise control is nice. My car is almost all functional. I just need to put on my new CV boot and it should be good to go.

SeanF
03-24-2006, 02:55 PM
yea, when i got mine the radio didnt work and the VW dealer i got the car at couldnt fix it...

it was a fuse

my cruise doesnt work, and thats what i want fixed

my sunroof went on the twitch, but it was just the switch and i cleaned that out... works like a charm, may need some grease...

Poopie
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't even have a sunroof, but my girlfriends 95 accord does...hahaha oh well.

SeanF
03-24-2006, 03:28 PM
wow, that parts rough, i thought they were standard...

Eurotuned_A4
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Poopie
Hey don't sweat it. I'm not in a rush. Get your box all buttoned up?

Yeah cruise control is nice. My car is almost all functional. I just need to put on my new CV boot and it should be good to go.

not yet. its been raining and all that and not sunny. it takes the box forever to dry. today i had a little sun though and was able to complete like 4 layers of the outside part of the box. its bigger than the on you made, but i have it sectioned off. so it fills in more of the trunk. you will ba able to tell once i get pics up. ups just stopped by and i got the carpet. pm me your address again. ill ship it out tomorrow.

G-low
03-24-2006, 04:47 PM
i dont have to push my clutch in to start my car and my cruise control works

SeanF
03-24-2006, 06:05 PM
wtf?!!?!

ahh i really want to figure this out... i drive more and more long trips lately...

ny02s4
03-24-2006, 08:29 PM
i just had mine replaced under Audi warranty [:D]

now i will have full use of my APR program [s4]

Eurotuned_A4
03-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ny02s4
i just had mine replaced under Audi warranty [:D]

now i will have full use of my APR program [s4]

did they say how much it would cost to get fixed without the warranty?

Poopie
03-24-2006, 10:45 PM
try a 5 can of contact cleaner. It just might solve your problem. pm sent

ny02s4
03-25-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Eurotuned_A4
did they say how much it would cost to get fixed without the warranty?

it was around $150 for just the part... as far as installing it you need to remove the steering wheel and all that just to change it(AudiWorld has a how-to)

But for the $50 deductable I let Audi do it [up]