PDA

View Full Version : Oil To Hot

Xtremespd
03-23-2006, 08:14 PM
After about a 1 1/2 hour drive in stop and go traffic today i got off the freeway and on comes the oil light. As i was driving i noticed the oil temp gauge started to climb a little bit but i wasnt to alarmed considering the driving i was doing. By the time i exitied the temp was a little bit over the half way mark and then the oil light came on. I immediatly stopped and checled the oil and everything was fine there. The motor didnt make any noise like it was being starved of oil. Will the temp of the oil sent off the oil light? And what do you think would cause it to run hotter? Any easy things to check or doing without installing a cooler? I am running 5w30. thank you

boostedup
03-23-2006, 08:53 PM
are u 1.8T, 2.8?

the 1.8T comes stock with an oil cooler (where the oil filter connects to the block).

oil pump? hopefully not sludge? it would narrow down if you included more info in your original post. we're can't read minds you know[:D]

Xtremespd
03-23-2006, 09:00 PM
i thought you were all good enough to read minds :)

the car is a 98.5 2.8V6 with 86,xxx Did the seafoam thing like 15,000 miles ago. dont think its a sludge issue. but what do i know.