PDA

View Full Version : symphony issue...

ahutch1
03-22-2006, 03:57 PM
my car used to display the fm frequency and other radio information in the instrument cluster, but now it doesn't. all the secondary warnings still work and it still flashes "OK" when you turn the car on, but it won't display the radio info. I thought i just toggled it off, but i check the manual and alls it said is that after it flashes "OK" it will display the radio info. Is there a way to get this back on??

-Alex

ahutch1
03-22-2006, 09:18 PM
anyone?? please?? i know some of you know this. i should put astriks and big letters like "**[SYMPHONY ISSUE]** Audi Gurus PLZ help!!!11ones" and then ya'll would be like damn i better check it out. OH SNAP i totally can help that kid!! and then my life would be better and i would be very greatful.

diegomatrix
03-22-2006, 10:35 PM
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec53b.shtml

murph013
03-23-2006, 03:21 AM
There should be a button labeled 'RDBS' that toggles that display. You may have accidentally turned it off (as you mentioned earlier).

ahutch1
03-23-2006, 05:05 PM
i tried what audiworld said and tried the RDBS switch and it still won't show up in the instrument cluster. Could something have shorted, but if it did then why would all the secondary warnings work. Now that i think about it, it stopped working right after i got my amp installed. Could they have forgotten to hook something back up??

BranCKY3
03-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Mine did that the other day... but I just turned the radio off then on again and it turned back on. I also turned off the screen in the cluster then back on again. Then it worked.

ahutch1
03-23-2006, 06:38 PM
ya tried that...didn't work

nramsey
03-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, my guess is maybe one of the connectors behind the deck isn't seated correctly.