PDA

View Full Version : Wow I feel like dying....

AudiA4_20T
03-22-2006, 01:50 PM
So I thought my oil pump was shot (oil pressure light going on, loud ticking...) I bring it to the shop and hope my 3rd party warrantee will cover it. Its there for almost a week and things are looking good. The guy at the shop is a friend of mine so he made it sound really bad for the warrantee company... tore my motor apart (keep in mind, if the pump is covered, its only $20 an hour for me for labor)... all of the sudden the warrantee company gets real weird about it and says they are gonna send a guy down but... since it happened to just be sludge on the screen... My lovely bill for 2morrow is about $1k.

Lucky me I dont have any friggin money. I dont know what to doo.... [=(] [=(] [=(] [=(] [=(] [=(] [=(] [=(]

Quick question, if I had enough time... could I have just checked the screen myself?

And one more, if my lifters are really worn now too can I DIY them?

alen
03-22-2006, 02:07 PM
so can your buddy mechanic tell them there was sludge in the lines, etc? who are they sending, a mechanic or an agent?

AudiA4_20T
03-22-2006, 02:16 PM
the company doesnt cover sludge... they jsut cover maitenance and hardware... like say my timing belt went, I think theyd cover my internals... but, they wont do it regularly.. its weird but F*** them now cause they should have covered this

Anyway Idk who theyd send but my car has mods (my buddy siad it didnt) and my oil pump wasnt shot, so wed both be in trouble

Wholsea
03-22-2006, 02:54 PM
I think , if you pull the oil cooler and look at that you can tell if there is sludge, but it's a messy job...

Rosati
03-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy

Couldnt you see this coming when the engine was ticking?

Eurotuned_A4
03-22-2006, 02:59 PM
3rd party warranties usually arent that good. my stepdad is a car sells man and he sells these warranties all the time. he says for certain things they are great, but they wont always help you out. bummer about it though man. my girlfriends sister just had to spend $900 to fix her car even though she has a 3rd party warranty. at least your buddy works there. maybe you can set up a payment thing with him or something. good luck

AudiA4_20T
03-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Rosati
Sorry to hear that buddy

Couldnt you see this coming when the engine was ticking?

Yea man thats why I brought it in but right on the list of things that are covered in the warrantee thing = OIL PUMP, So I hoped it would be OK and I got a brand new clutch assembly no questions asked for free last time... guess my luck ran out

AudiA4_20T
03-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Eurotuned_A4
3rd party warranties usually arent that good. my stepdad is a car sells man and he sells these warranties all the time. he says for certain things they are great, but they wont always help you out. bummer about it though man. my girlfriends sister just had to spend $900 to fix her car even though she has a 3rd party warranty. at least your buddy works there. maybe you can set up a payment thing with him or something. good luck

Nah, actually, you guys can flame at me all you want but Mom's gotta cover this. Im in school all day and dont have a job right now so thats what it has to be... Im sooo pissed but theres nothing I can do, but its funny shes the one telling me to calm down cause Im mad! grrrrrrrrrrr

Eurotuned you saw me awhile back in that BT thread! Im so mad now, next things on the list were timing belt, clutch, and FMIC... Not anymore

O hows that BT setup going? It sounds insane

Eurotuned_A4
03-22-2006, 05:52 PM
its not bad. i have a little problem, but i think its due to my sensor. im using the wrong one.....oops!!! if you have to borrow money form mom no big deal. stuff happens.

AudiA4_20T
03-22-2006, 06:30 PM
yea true... At only 17 Im pretty damn happy with where I am so whatever

jones3000
03-22-2006, 09:36 PM
wow man. that sucks. I hope you said a prayer tonight.

JMG
03-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Honesstly you have no real reason to be frustrated since your mom is covering it. Most people in the real world just have to pay for it. if you are in school and can't really afford it why try to cheat the insurance co? You would have gotten your free service anyway had you not gotten greedy and been so conspicuous.