PDA

View Full Version : Vag-com help..please!!

YardieAudiA4
03-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Ive searched and searched and cant come up with a solution to my problem... I like many bought one of the ebay usb vag-com cable that claims its compatible with 409.1. I connected the usb to my computer and used the download as the drivers for the device. Now everytime i try to test the device i get a Rosstech usb interface not found error message. What do i have to do to correct this problem. The older versions of vag-com dont seem to be usb compatible. help a brotha out.
Thanx in advance

Eurotuned_A4
03-21-2006, 04:56 PM
well i dont think you can do usb with the ebay cables. if you do you have to trick the computer somehow. i had this problem and i didnt want to deal with trying to make it work, so i bought the real rosstech stuff instead. works perfect for me now.

diegomatrix
03-21-2006, 05:00 PM
i purposely avoided the usb ebay versions and bought a serial port ebay version for this reason (as well, usb versions' conections may not be as stable).....

ShadowRuleZ
03-21-2006, 06:03 PM
USB works fine for me, but I'm using the v3 version, not v4.

drlandry00
03-21-2006, 07:09 PM
dude, sell that cable on ebay and get yourself a parallel port cable. much easier. do you have the full version of vag-com?

MyAudiA4
03-22-2006, 05:44 AM
Do a Serial Connection with that USB, Meaning you have to tell the software that it's a serial connection. I am doing that with a USB cable from Ebay. Go to options in your programs and select com2 instead of USB. then see what happens.

YardieAudiA4
03-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks guys. I finally got it to work, thanx to your help.
Much love audizine