PDA

View Full Version : having problems with car maybe someone can help me

osofast10
03-19-2006, 10:28 AM
k so here is the info... car has been working fine.... i was on my way to the gas station one day and my car died on me... i turn it bak on and to my shock i get the check engine light... yes i was low on gas the gas light was on so i just thought it had to to with that. well since then (3 or 4 weeks ago) my check engine light hasn't gone away. i went to a autozone and got the light checkedand it said something about either my fuel pump or my fuel filter i forgot which one... but anyways now my car is driving like total cra. i'm gettin back fire on first and second not all the time but ever so often, my car will sometimes just die if it's not in gear. basically my question is do you think this is a fuel filter or a fuel pump that has gone bad and how much would it cost to replace one? or what else could it be?

car-->96 2.8 12v a4 AWD 5 speed 112K miles on it

AudiSnawb
03-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Yikes man, if I had to choose between the two it would be the fuel pump, but thats just an uneducated guess.... dont know the filter would cause your car to just stop running.... ya know? good luck man. lmk how it turns out [down]

partridgea4
03-19-2006, 06:22 PM
yeah another uneducated guss would be fuel pump. and did they clear all the codes?

osofast10
03-19-2006, 10:50 PM
no it's still there

atwalker6
03-20-2006, 08:46 AM
i would go the cheaper route and do the filter...when you were that low you might of picked up some junk and clogged the filter...it happend in my wrangler