PDA

View Full Version : B7 Stasis Tracksport - Which springs (Stasis / Hypercoil/Eibach) are recommended

hk300
03-16-2006, 08:50 PM
i am very interested in the Stasis Track sport - B7 coilovers. Currently i own a B7 2.0T.

I used to have KW Variant 2 on my previous car B6 1.8T and want go get a similar ride, i.e. not too firm, good ride.

I had poor experience with some Weitec coilovers which springs were too soft (should be same as KW???), but since those use application specific springs I could not get stiffer ones.

Since I am not in the US (I am in Asia, but I will regularly come to the US), could you give me the spec of the springs. This will make it easier for me to experiment with the setup. Our roads are bad! I like the Tracksport setup since I can replace the springs with a standard spring that is optimal for our roads!

What i can get easily here is Eibach, just in case I do not like the initial springs?
What front and rear spring rates do you recommend?

e.g.
Front spring
inner diameter
spring rate
free spring length

Rear spring
inner diameter
spring rate
free spring length

jeremy@matrix
03-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by hk300
i am very interested in the Stasis Track sport - B7 coilovers. Currently i own a B7 2.0T.

I used to have KW Variant 2 on my previous car B6 1.8T and want go get a similar ride, i.e. not too firm, good ride.

I had poor experience with some Weitec coilovers which springs were too soft (should be same as KW???), but since those use application specific springs I could not get stiffer ones.

Since I am not in the US (I am in Asia, but I will regularly come to the US), could you give me the spec of the springs. This will make it easier for me to experiment with the setup. Our roads are bad! I like the Tracksport setup since I can replace the springs with a standard spring that is optimal for our roads!

What i can get easily here is Eibach, just in case I do not like the initial springs?
What front and rear spring rates do you recommend?

e.g.
Front spring
inner diameter
spring rate
free spring length

Rear spring
inner diameter
spring rate
free spring length

I would recommend something like Anthony is running (750f/1000r);
STaSIS TrackSport review (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74702)

Springs are either Eibach or Hyperco...8" front(IIRC) and 10" rear; 2.5" ID.

Let me know how I can help!