PDA

View Full Version : reiger RS4 front install

Eurotuned_A4
03-13-2006, 06:32 PM
spring break is coming up and i just got my rebar/bumper support from fubucari. so over spring break i want to mount the rebar on the rs4 front bumper cover. my question is what do i mount it with. i searched and found that epoxy works, but can it be any kind or something specific? i dont want the bumper falling off in a few months. also, where can i get the epoxy. home depot??

Eurotuned_A4
03-13-2006, 06:49 PM
also, where can i get the oettinger rear? im browsing my options for the rear and sides.

Starting
03-13-2006, 07:02 PM
don't mount the rebar to the bumper unless your fitting it to the car.

aberke
03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
oettingerstore.com for the rear

550 dollars

Eurotuned_A4
03-13-2006, 08:02 PM
damn that rear is expensive.

starting, the RS4 front is used so im sure its fitted already. i think im gonna fit it anyways. dont i just use some tape for that and keep it taped up for a while?

audispeed
03-13-2006, 08:03 PM
im gonna use a two part fiberglass expoxy when i put mine on. damn i am lazy, i have had the damn thing for 4 months.

Eurotuned_A4
03-13-2006, 08:07 PM
lol, i just got mine. so im gonna mess with it while i have time. my front isnt fiberglass, its abs plastic. can i still use the same epoxy you are going to be using?

audispeed
03-13-2006, 08:27 PM
probably. im just going to rough up the metal and the inside of the bumper. alot of fiberglass resins bonds plastic and metal anyway.

ExpLlclT
03-13-2006, 08:32 PM
should look awsome might jus want to do sides and front then paint rear lower 550 is a lot out the window for a small add on the rear + paint

Eurotuned_A4
03-13-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah, thats why i might no get that rear. it more than the front. that doesnt make sense to me. ill probably just go V2 rear

pierce
03-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I think my Rieger was literally screwed/bolted on. My OEM comes tomorow, though [up] [up]. Good luck with that install, though.

audispeed
03-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by pierce
I think my Rieger was literally screwed/bolted on. My OEM comes tomorow, though [up] [up]. Good luck with that install, though.

yeah, but it has to be epoxied to the front bumper support.

b00st
03-13-2006, 09:28 PM
i went with the V2 sides and V2 rear. front bumper has been sitting im my garage for about 5 months. i'm having a good body shop do the whole install....since it needs to be painted and all....oh and its nice when it gets done for free when your best friend owns 11 body shops in the chi-town area. i'm about to do my suspension this weekend. and after i get that back...its off to the bodyshop the ride goes. RENN-ART will be installing my suspension this saturday...i will update with picks afterwards.

Eurotuned_A4
03-13-2006, 09:28 PM
man. im stuck on what to do for the sides. i like both S4 and RS4 v1 sides. the prices are similar and both look clean.

SoleMate
03-13-2006, 11:05 PM
bbr side skirts! $200+shipping

Eurotuned_A4
03-13-2006, 11:09 PM
got a picture?

boost- i wish i knew people at body shops. the work is spendy, definately need pics of your car when you get everything put on. im almost there. i just have to order the rest of the body and then pay $$$ to get it painted. ill install myself, but i refuce to drive around with an unpainted body kit. i see hondas and etc do that all the time and it bugs the crap out of me.

AElucky83
03-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Hey bro..dont forget that I have those V2 skirts and rear for u still for whenver you need them...

Eurotuned_A4
03-13-2006, 11:55 PM
i totally forgot. ill hit you up for the rear, but the sides are the deep version. i need the flat version. ill PM you tomorrow.

Starting
03-14-2006, 04:23 AM
I'm just saying dont glue it to the bumper while off the car. Most people including myself seem to install it this way. Put the rebar on the car and put the bolts in lightly. Put the bumper on the car and see where you need to drill the 2 bolt holes for the rebar torx. Drill the 2 holes and again put it on the car. Check the fitment and then glue it to the rebar. Once its glued to the rebar tighten the 2 torx bolts and then put 2 screws through the bumper into the fender on each side. Tape the bumper to the car and leave it overnight.

jrodmk2
03-14-2006, 06:44 AM
audisniper has the bbr sides.

b00st
03-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Eurotuned_A4
got a picture?

boost- i wish i knew people at body shops. the work is spendy, definately need pics of your car when you get everything put on. im almost there. i just have to order the rest of the body and then pay $$$ to get it painted. ill install myself, but i refuce to drive around with an unpainted body kit. i see hondas and etc do that all the time and it bugs the crap out of me.

yeah we don't do such things. and the bumper should be painted with it off. most likely if its on...it will be painted that way. but this is why i wait....not cuz i needed to pay but i needed to get through the winter before i put this thing on. then i'm going to hit it with a clear bra for the sides and front bumper so i don't get chips in it next winter. there is no cruising with a black bumper around......we just don't do it.

Eurotuned_A4
03-14-2006, 11:53 AM
im definately gonna do the clear bra. i hear its pricey though, but it will definately be worth it in the long run. ive heard it can turn colors after a while though. the only time ill cruise with a black bumper is on the way to the body shop for like 10 minutes.

b00st
03-14-2006, 12:45 PM
it should turn any colors if you get the high quality ones. there is a place here in IL that i asked about. stock audi A4 clear bra kit was $279 or so. they do the work on the LAMBOs and Ferrari's....so i think it will be OK for me to go ahead with them. they have lots of high end customers. i guess you just got to look around. but they said they have no problems with discoloration. my kit will have to be custom which they can do...but its all worth it. they have a street or race piece which is thicker.

i'm just dropping my ride off with stock bumper on and all the pieces in the trunk. when i pick it up...it will be complete. the sides will require some work. front and back should be easy for the body shop.

Eurotuned_A4
03-14-2006, 01:11 PM
ill have to call around. i know there is a really good shop thats local that deals with audi. they are spendy, but i hear they do a really good job.

b00st
03-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Eurotuned_A4
i know there is a really good shop thats local that deals with audi. ,

i hear they do a really good job.

and thats what counts. [:D]