PDA

View Full Version : Redline MT90 Tranny Fluid change

Conte
03-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Whatup Guys,

I had a shop change my tranny fluid with some Redline MT90, and now when cold it's difficult to get into second or back to first when coming to a stop.

Is this typical with the MT90? WTF

I didn't do the rear Diff and never had AWD, is this something that should be done also. I'm really dissapointed and almost think that the shop didn't actually change the fluid.

Any ideas, normal?

TIA
Nick

diegomatrix
03-13-2006, 09:48 AM
umm... haha..

shoulda went w/ oem fluid...
our trannies are designed for them only

although ppl have reported good results w/ amsoil

i wonder if your shop did the correct procedure to fill the tranny.....(ie. according to bentley). coz it's a very specific procedure

LateraLex
03-13-2006, 11:26 AM
MT-90 does work fine for our cars but has a high viscosity when cold. I have it in my transmission as well and it is very difficult to change gears when cold. I will probably be changing it again this summer.

Conte
03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Damn, I shoulda known... even my mistu could take nothing but the $$ dealer fluid.

Thx

E Fresh
03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Interesting, I had redline in my old car and know other people who have it in their cars and it works great. Our cars just must not agree with it in the cold. So have people reported the same problem with Amsoil?

Daft
03-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by LateraLex
MT-90 does work fine for our cars but has a high viscosity when cold. I have it in my transmission as well and it is very difficult to change gears when cold. I will probably be changing it again this summer.

Bingo![up] That's the answer.

Yeah, Redline MT90 is the thicker version of Redline MTL. MTL is almost a 70W when cold whereas the MT90 is closer to a 75-80w oil when cold.

Even the BG Syncroshift in my tranny is hard to shift when cold but, it has to be really cold out (30F and lower). However, after a mile of driving, it feels fine again.