PDA

View Full Version : Close call

LateraLex
03-13-2006, 06:05 AM
So yesterday some friends and I were wrenching on our cars and I had to run home for a couple parts. I drove up my street (steep hill with plateau at the top) and just stopped at the top while I ran inside for stuff.

As I am coming out I see out of the corner of my eye my car starts rolling backwards down the hill [eek] Survival mode kicks in and I sprint down the hill after it, open the door- full layout dive- and crank the e-brake. Car stops just as it's hitting a small brick wall.

Basically 0 damage. [hail] Just the tire got dug in a little bit, and I cut up my leg with the superman dive.

Moral of the story: I'm an idiot.

Second moral: If you leave your car running for a second CRANK that e-brake. [rolleyes] [:D]

A4_Andre
03-13-2006, 06:11 AM
My car is a tip and i always put my ebrake on no matter what. i think it's a good habbit to have.

Eurotuned_A4
03-13-2006, 06:26 AM
man, at least you learned your lesson. it could have been a lot worse for you and your car.

Daft
03-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by LateraLex
Survival mode kicks in and I sprint down the hill after it, open the door- full layout dive- and crank the e-brake. [:D]

Holy crap dude!

You must have had to check your shorts after that one! Good save![up] [:p]

Aliel
03-13-2006, 06:28 AM
It is kinda funny though LOL. I've done that before and thank god there was a car behind me that was parked and stopped mine. No damage at all either but I never forget to crank up the hand break anymore. Can't leave it in gear cuz of the remote start.

LateraLex
03-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah there is a big difference between the e-brake engaged and it cranked all the way up [;)]

Aliel
03-13-2006, 07:22 AM
to bad winter time my e-brake freezes if i crank it all the way :). damn audis.

btw i like your avatar. Borat is the greatest character ever.

jones3000
03-13-2006, 07:51 AM
wow. nice save.

badassbaldie
03-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Ha!! Here's ONE good reason to have a TIP.

Nice save "Son of Jor EL"...

hey4
03-13-2006, 08:24 AM
I've had to do stuff like that before. Good Save.

atwalker6
03-13-2006, 08:38 AM
lol that stinks one time i had my car parked and then i came back out and my car was sitting like 50 ft away from the spot i put it in just sitting in the middle of a parking lot....that was really scary my car always goes in gear now lol

4cefed4
03-13-2006, 08:43 AM
That is a crazy story. Luckily where I live now the total elevation change is 2-3". Gotta love farm land.

RippleChip
03-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Nice save, heard that story too often leading to much worse results.

Always pull hard on that ebrake.

98Black30V
03-13-2006, 10:03 AM
That kinda thing happened to me a few summers ago when I was moving my boat trailer around in my driveway. Just threw it on my jeep for a second, backed out my driveway, hit a bump and see my boat start rolling down the street out my rearview!! Luckily my bro was still holding onto the wheel chocks and threw one behind one of the tires. Apparently I didn't lock it down to the hitch ball and didn't bother with safety chains cuz I wasn't goin anywhere. BIG lesson learned that time

AudiA4_20T
03-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Aliel
to bad winter time my e-brake freezes if i crank it all the way :). damn audis.

btw i like your avatar. Borat is the greatest character ever.

Ughhh damn cold weather I feel u!