PDA

View Full Version : Quick Clutch Question

durfA4
03-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm at the point to remove the starter, according to the guide on AW it says to remove front end to get starter off. or try to get the allen off.

"20. Remove starter, two 16mm bolts and one 6mm allen bolt. The wires can stay connected. This can be done one of two ways: The long and painful way, or the short and painful way.
- Long way: Remove bumper, remove A/C belt, remove A/C pump, remove starter.
- Short way: Attempt to get at 6mm allen bolt with an allen wrench by maneuvering your hand and arm through the A/C lines. When finally out (wait until you have to put it back in) remove the two starter bolts, slide the starter forward and attempt to lay it aside somehow."

the 6 mm goes to the Block right?
at the end of the starter?

Daft
03-11-2006, 10:09 AM
I removed it with a 6mm allen socket and a stubby 3/8" ratchet.

Your wrists will feel awesome after you finish removing the bolts.[:D]

durfA4
03-11-2006, 12:19 PM
thanks

durfA4
03-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Trans is out!!!!

Flywheel looks good a couple high spots, Ill clean it up with some 280 grit and put her back together

Daft
03-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Did you read the Dual-mass FW FAQ that Andy from Southbend posted the other day?

While you have access to your FW, you should check all the tollerances. I spoke to Andy about this and if the FW isn't in good shape, it will lead to premature clutch failure.

durfA4
03-11-2006, 05:29 PM
I looked at the thread

I have a friend that works at a local race shop and he gonna see if he can resurface it.

I have not been able to find the correct step height for the flywheel.

If any one knows it should be added to the guide

andy@sbc
03-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by durfA4
I looked at the thread

I have a friend that works at a local race shop and he gonna see if he can resurface it.

I have not been able to find the correct step height for the flywheel.

If any one knows it should be added to the guide

.350"-.345" I will add it [up]