PDA

View Full Version : b5 s4 brake rotors and pad

han
03-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey Jeremy, just wanna ask what are rotors are available for my car? Need to change the pads and might as well change the rotors too.
Also, do u guys sell any fluids (tranny oil, diff oil, motor oil, filter etc)? Thanks

jeremy@matrix
03-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by han
Hey Jeremy, just wanna ask what are rotors are available for my car? Need to change the pads and might as well change the rotors too.
Also, do u guys sell any fluids (tranny oil, diff oil, motor oil, filter etc)? Thanks

Hey hey,

Front brakes for S4/A6 2.7T
-12.6"(321x30mm) Zimmerman solid front brake rotor for B5 S4/A6 2.7T;
$181.70/set

-12.6" Zimmerman x-drilled front rotor for B5 S4/A6 2.7T;
$508/set

-STaSIS Street Sport XDR Front Rotor Kit for S4/S6/A6/Allroad 2.7T; 2 Alcon (321 x 30mm) directionally vented/heat treated/segmented gas slotted 2pc floating rotors, 2 STaSIS directionally vented rotor mounting hats
$895/set

-Pagid front pad set for B5 S4/A6 2.7T/V8;
$117.48/set

-Mintex “red box” front pad set for B5 S4/A6 2.7T/4.2L;
$119.05/set

-Hawk HPS (street) front pad set for B5 S4/A6 2.7T/4.2L;
$139.20/set

-Hawk HPS Plus (street/track) front pad set for B5 S4/A6 2.7T/4.2L;
$167/set

Rear brakes for S4/A6 2.7T
-10.1" Rear ATE factory solid rotor for '00+ S4;
$128/set

-Pagid rear pad set for B5(B6) A4/S4 2.7T/A6/Passat/TT/Mk4/Mk3;
$49.85/set

-Mintex red box rear pad set for B5 (B6) A4/S4/A6/TT/Passat/Mk4;
$41.90/set

-Hawk HPS (street) rear pad set for B5 S4/A6/9/99+ A8;
$64/set

-Hawk HPS Plus (street/track) rear pad set for B5 S4/A6/9/99+ A8;
$79/set

(We always do our best to meet/beat competitor's prices so if you find a better advertised price, please let us know)

Fluids; we have lots in stock.

For drivetrain we use Mobil1 75w90 GL5 synthetic gear oil;
$9.59/per quart

For engine oil, we use Mobil1 0w40 exclusively.

We have OEM oil filters in stock at all times;
$12.95

Again, let us know if you find a better advertised price. These are our "everyday" prices, mainly for local clients. We offer special pricing for AZ'ers.

TTYS,
Jeremy

han
03-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Wow, the cross-drilled zimmerman rotor is expensive huh.
do you have a brake package like the ones awe offers or like the stoptech package? Thanks a lot. Also,I heard that using gl-5 transmission oil is bad for our tranny. Is it true?

Kievskiy
03-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Jeremy YG PM :)
---[wrench]

jeremy@matrix
03-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by han
Wow, the cross-drilled zimmerman rotor is expensive huh.
do you have a brake package like the ones awe offers or like the stoptech package? Thanks a lot. Also,I heard that using gl-5 transmission oil is bad for our tranny. Is it true?

Please send me links to those packages. I can put something together just for you.

That Mobil1 is what STaSIS runs in their street/racecars.

jeremy@matrix
03-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by kievskiy
Jeremy YG PM :)
---[wrench]

Replying. [:)]

han
03-09-2006, 02:35 PM
something like this.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_detail.cfm?PMaI=1&PMoI=4&PEI=6&PP=s4_27t_brakes.cfm&PPT=Brakes&IL=s4combo

or this

https://secure11.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=achtuning1&BusType=BtoC&Count1=563411891&Count2=480552315

Thanks

dino
03-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Not really a thread jack but...

I procured B5S4 front calipers, rotors, and pads (however not a full set). All are OEM as the seller wanted to sell as a package.

My question is, who makes OEM brake pads? Newbie question, but are there supposed to be a total of eight pads for the fronts? If so, where can I purchase individual pads I need to complete my set? I want to complete the set since the pads I have are pretty new and have a lot of meat left on them. I was thinking of getting the remaining to complete the set, go to a local "brake" shop to shave all the pads down to the same thickness before installing them. Once I get to it, I'll take some pictures of the pads I do have and would like your assesment as to what I should do.

Also, what do you recommend for B6 A4 rear brake pads? I've had the original ones for over 57K miles and will need to replace them soon.

One last thing, do you sell stainless steel braided lines?

Thanks.

jeremy@matrix
03-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by dino

I procured B5S4 front calipers, rotors, and pads (however not a full set). All are OEM as the seller wanted to sell as a package.

My question is, who makes OEM brake pads? Newbie question, but are there supposed to be a total of eight pads for the fronts? If so, where can I purchase individual pads I need to complete my set? I want to complete the set since the pads I have are pretty new and have a lot of meat left on them. I was thinking of getting the remaining to complete the set, go to a local "brake" shop to shave all the pads down to the same thickness before installing them. Once I get to it, I'll take some pictures of the pads I do have and would like your assesment as to what I should do.

Also, what do you recommend for B6 A4 rear brake pads? I've had the original ones for over 57K miles and will need to replace them soon.

Thanks.

I'll be happy to reply to both on Tues--I am off for the weekend, Monday too. The shop will remain open of course.

dino
03-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Patiently waiting for reply...

jeremy@matrix
03-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by han
something like this.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_detail.cfm?PMaI=1&PMoI=4&PEI=6&PP=s4_27t_brakes.cfm&PPT=Brakes&IL=s4combo

or this

https://secure11.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=achtuning1&BusType=BtoC&Count1=563411891&Count2=480552315

Thanks

So you're looking for slotted only, correct Han?

jeremy@matrix
03-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Patiently waiting for reply...

Thanks.

Sorry Dino.

You are correct; 8 pads for the front of a B5 S4.

However, pads aren't available for purchase separately. They only come in kits of 8. Do you have some pads that are worn down more than others?

B6 A4 rear pad choices (less aggressive to aggressive);

-Pagid rear pad set for B5(B6) A4/S4 2.7T/A6/Passat/TT/Mk4/Mk3;
$49.85/set

-Mintex red box rear pad set for B5 (B6) A4/S4/A6/TT/Passat/Mk4;
$41.90/set

-Hawk HPS (street) rear pad set for B5 S4/A6/9/99+ A8;
$64/set

-Hawk HPS Plus (street/track) rear pad set for B5 S4/A6/9/99+ A8;
$79/set

We do sell Goodridge SS line kits (front and rear). I am working on availability now for the B6 kit. We do have B5 kits available.

LMK if I can help with anything else.

dino
03-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by jeremy@matrix

You are correct; 8 pads for the front of a B5 S4.

However, pads aren't available for purchase separately. They only come in kits of 8. Do you have some pads that are worn down more than others?

Thanks for the info. The pads that came w/ the calipers and rotors have a ton of meat left on them. However, I don't have a complete set, it only came w/ 6 pads.

Looks like, I'll need to find used meaty pads to complete my set or just post it in the classifieds and get a whole new set.

jeremy@matrix
03-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info. The pads that came w/ the calipers and rotors have a ton of meat left on them. However, I don't have a complete set, it only came w/ 6 pads.

Looks like, I'll need to find used meaty pads to complete my set or just post it in the classifieds and get a whole new set.

Oh.

Yes, those are your options.

LMK if we can help with anything else.

han
03-16-2006, 02:07 AM
im pretty much open to anything as long the price works for me :) thanks

jeremy@matrix
03-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by han
im pretty much open to anything as long the price works for me :) thanks

PM sent.