PDA

View Full Version : 18" RS4 Reps

headpuncher33
03-06-2006, 12:39 PM
I got a set of 18 rs4 reps and the tires seem to be thinner than the wheels making it real easy to get curb rash. do any of you guys have this problem with your reps? What is the widest tire i can throw on these wheels without and rubbing? and should i get some spacers? any particular tires you can recommend? thanks

werksmini
03-06-2006, 12:44 PM
You need to know the width of the wheel first to get a good fitting tire, my guess would be 18x8. If you are having problems with curb rash I dont think that tires are you problem. You can curb any wheel that dosent have 4x4 rubber on it. Spacers might be necessary if you do run wide tires, but I dont think that for your application they would be necessary for fitment. As for tire recommendations for tires, what are you using the car for? Do they need to work in chicago snow/winter, or are they for summer only?

headpuncher33
03-06-2006, 12:53 PM
i have snow tires/wheels on right now, just gearing up for the summer shoes. the wheels are 18 X 8.5 and with the current tires on them, the wheels stick out further than the tires, it's really goofy if you ask me. The slightest touch of a curb scratches up the wheel. I'm really careful about this, but with the amount of street parking I do, i have had a few incidents. I want to put thicker tires on 1st to make it look better, and 2nd to reduce the chance of curb rash. I wouldn't mind some spacers too, since i want the tires to be even with the wheel wells.

jones3000
03-06-2006, 01:18 PM
the rim will allways touch the curb before the tire, but it all depends on your angle. you'll just have to allow more space when parking or get curb feelers.

JMG
03-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah mine had that same problem. Just be carefull!!

audisnapr
03-06-2006, 05:19 PM
yup, my reps stick take a lick'n too from time to time. You just have to be careful unfortunately. But as far as goofy looking, you can def size up to help that out. Some manufacturers do have "rim guards" built into the tire.

TwentyValveB5
03-06-2006, 10:35 PM
yeah, just learn how to park better. sad, but true.

headpuncher33
03-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by audisnapr
yup, my reps stick take a lick'n too from time to time. You just have to be careful unfortunately. But as far as goofy looking, you can def size up to help that out. Some manufacturers do have "rim guards" built into the tire.

what size are your tires?

buck
03-07-2006, 02:00 PM
^^^^^ what width are your tires? 215?