PDA

View Full Version : Leak in fuel filter line

Droors43
03-05-2006, 09:55 AM
I was changing my oil, fuel filter, and swaping in my ECS OEM big brake kit yesterday and after I changed my fuel filter, there was a tiny leak where the line meets the banjo fitting on the bottom of the filter (when placed up in the bottom of the car). This leak wasn't spewing anything out but it should be dry.

Anyway, I'm heading to D.C. on Wed. or Thur. (six hr drive from my place) for a few days to visit family and friends, but I don't want to have anything mess up like my fuel line. I really don't have time to mess with it myself, but I don't really want to pay someone to mess with it either; however, I get nervous messing with something like that especially when I can't see where that particular line comes from.

I'm just wondering how to fix it and if anyone else has had this trouble? Just a reminder, the leak is at the banjo fitting on the barb where the stock plastic line fits on it. Should I just cut the line before the barb and re-fit the line back on to it or does the whole damn line need to be replaced? Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

mike-2ptzero
03-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Is it leaking at the line or could it be just leaking from one of the crush washers? Did you use new crush washers when you changed the fuel filter?

Droors43
03-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mike-2ptzero
Is it leaking at the line or could it be just leaking from one of the crush washers? Did you use new crush washers when you changed the fuel filter?

It's fine where the crush washers are. The leak is specifically on the plastic line that connects directly to the banjo fitting's barb itself. Thanks.