PDA

View Full Version : ECS or Eventuri intake?

forbiddenbeat
02-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Hey folks, I picked up a 2013 RS5 a few months ago, and am interested in an intake. I live at altitude (5300ft above sea level), so I'm looking for power gains (to recover back some of the loss) and sound improvements. The car has the stock sport exhaust which I love, but I'm looking for little more sound without doing an aftermarket exhaust.

Has anyone compared the ECS RS5 intake to Eventuri? It's a bit cheaper and seems very well built, so I'd love to know if it compares favorably on power & sound to Eventuri. The look is subjective of course and frankly I don't care about how it looks - the hood is shut all the time and this isn't a show car. :)

Thanks!

AsherAudi
02-05-2019, 08:47 AM
Not even close - the ECS is dyno'd at 3hp, the Eventuri 15-20hp. Be sure to buy a brand new Black one as Eventuri had cracking/yellowing issues with colored and older black ones.

If you dont care how it looks, then just buy the Intake only and not the engine cover and shroud pieces. Ive noticed a modest difference at normal Texas temps but a large power gain when ambient air temps drop below 50F.

Beast
02-05-2019, 08:49 AM
eventuri

forbiddenbeat
02-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys - sounds like a clear winner. :)

ffearless
02-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Since you mentioned exhaust also, for about $250 you can install the ECS cross-pipe. It will increase the sound in dynamic mode. To me it leaves the sound a little mush/raspy. I straight piped thru that area and like the sound better. I do have an ECS Tuning cross-pipe that I no longer need.
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c59d3ef63630/1775.mp4

forbiddenbeat
02-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Since you mentioned exhaust also, for about $250 you can install the ECS cross-pipe. It will increase the sound in dynamic mode. To me it leaves the sound a little mush/raspy. I straight piped thru that area and like the sound better. I do have an ECS Tuning cross-pipe that I no longer need.
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c59d3ef63630/1775.mp4

Thanks for the suggestion - I'm just not a fan of that sound. Induction sound is always great since it's basically silent until you get on it, which is what I'm after.

Mops@Nemesis
02-05-2019, 05:55 PM
I would say Eventuri too. I've sold many, and AFAIK, all have been extremely pleased.

namvar
02-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Eventuri hands down. Sound, Power gain, and most importantly for me how it looks. To add to it.. Their customer service has been exceptional for me.

BuyTheWarranty
02-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Definitely an unpopular opinion, but it depends what you want. Since the mods arenít additive, doing the intake + exhaust + tune isnít going to give you necessarily more power vs. an exhaust intake and only high flow filters like BTG or K&N. All the current records for the RS5 have been done with stock intakes, or drop in filters like K&N and some members are dynoing lower figures with Eventuri. Other members are seeing a 20-25hp gain from the intake, but this hasnít translated into real world 0-60 or 1/4 improvements at the moment.

On the other hand, if youíre looking for sound improvements (which will be hard to hear with valves open if you have an exhaust) and aesthetics the Eventuri is a good option.

I recently bought some K&N filters and will log airflow vs. stock filters soon. Iím not even sure if the ECS kit or Eventuri will flow any better than drop in filters.

JamesRS5
02-11-2019, 10:51 PM
Iím not even sure if the ECS kit or Eventuri will flow any better than drop in filters.

From a fluid dynamics point of view they should in theory flow better, especially at higher rpm (which is where you usually see the gains on the Eventuri) due to the less restrictive and smoother path through the airbox, you've effectively removed two 90' turns from airbox entry to exit.