PDA

View Full Version : Sgr performance tune audi rs5 need feedback. They say 30hp 250lb torque

PRJCTRS5
01-30-2019, 11:19 AM
I am interested in switching tunes on my RS5. I currently am running the velocity ap tune however im not convinced of real gains. I came across this company and the email correspondence we have states 30hp and 250 ft lbs of torque. has anyone used them before?

Sazexa
01-30-2019, 02:35 PM
250 or 25? There's no way you're getting 250 ft. lbs. on an NA engine with just an ECU tune.

BuyTheWarranty
01-30-2019, 02:42 PM
Hadn't heard of them until you mentioned it. Found this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY_eB5xcj-c

Sounds like the VelocityAP exhaust with the pops & crackles tune but the car in the video has had its cats deleted and it appears they're running a DSG tune as well.

No information found here: https://www.sgrperformance.com/tuning/ so I bet they meant 30hp and 25lb feet torque which is basically exactly what VelocityAP was claiming (though they've taken the figures down). Not to beat a dead horse, but if you're looking for proven performance, JHM Stage 1 is the only tune some of the members have tested that shows an improvement in 0-60, 1/4 times and dyno'd power. Having said that, I'm interested in learning more!

Sazexa
01-30-2019, 06:25 PM
Hadn't heard of them until you mentioned it. Found this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY_eB5xcj-c

Sounds like the VelocityAP exhaust with the pops & crackles tune but the car in the video has had its cats deleted and it appears they're running a DSG tune as well.

No information found here: https://www.sgrperformance.com/tuning/ so I bet they meant 30hp and 25lb feet torque which is basically exactly what VelocityAP was claiming (though they've taken the figures down). Not to beat a dead horse, but if you're looking for proven performance, JHM Stage 1 is the only tune some of the members have tested that shows an improvement in 0-60, 1/4 times and dyno'd power. Having said that, I'm interested in learning more!

I think that also stands for the S5 4.2L as well, basically the only one with real proven performance is JHM.

BuyTheWarranty
01-31-2019, 11:35 AM
Sooooo I was curious and emailed them ... and yes, they are claiming an increase of 30 horsepower and 250lb ft of torque.

We have vast knowledge and experience in tuning the RS5, having had many come through our doors over the past years. All the mapping we do here is fully custom and is developed in house here at SGR, So what you want out of your vehicle you will get, we don't flash on generic maps or anything of the sort, its all set up for your car on the day or in your case remotely.

We can achieve incredible figures of Circa 30hp on these engines and 250ft/lb of torque at stage 1 with no modifications. If the car has further modifications such as decat and filters then we can stage 2 tune the vehicle. Crackles on the overrun are all possible. These gains will provide; improved throttle response, and an increase in power across the rev range.

Seems promising!

PEM
01-31-2019, 12:11 PM
250 increase lol. That's almost as much as what the car comes with stock!

Treeskier
01-31-2019, 12:40 PM
call me a cynic, but i generally ascribe to the "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" school of thought...and this seems ludicrous.

all the same, subscribing for more concrete data / info in case someone has magically cracked some secret code (IDDQD?)...

BuyTheWarranty
01-31-2019, 12:42 PM
I agree it seems a little far fetched, so I directed them to this forum thread.

I did ask if they have logs on performance metrics (0-60, 1/4 mile etc, reliablity) as if that was the case, and they're pushing 550lb ft of torque, someone, somewhere must have information or data.

spa
01-31-2019, 12:48 PM
I have never seen anything gain 250 ft lbs yet only gain 30hp??? something doesn't add up, I am thinking it's an extra 0 that doesn't belong.

AsherAudi
01-31-2019, 02:09 PM
Extra 0 is obv a typo - not sure why anyone is thinking otherwise lol

Beast
01-31-2019, 02:54 PM
I am interested in switching tunes on my RS5. I currently am running the velocity ap tune however im not convinced of real gains. I came across this company and the email correspondence we have states 30hp and 250 ft lbs of torque. has anyone used them before?

VAP tune CUSTOMER owned car currently holds the best times on Draggy app. Sorry i had to stir the pot [:D]

Also 250 FT Tq?! They must have forgot to mention a custom twin turbo kit.

JamesRS5
01-31-2019, 07:16 PM
Do the math guys, If you had an extra 250lbs of torque at 5250rpm then you’d have an extra 250hp, the extra zero is absolutely a typo or you should be walking away from these guys and their “vast knowledge and experience”.

They are based in Manchester UK so maybe ask on A5OC to see if anyone has heard of them.

RJB_melangeb5
01-31-2019, 07:40 PM
Typically when a cars tuned you get more hp then torque. If you look at graphs of tunes...

Sent from my Pixel using Audizine mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87676)

Johnhanson
02-01-2019, 09:20 AM
250 is literally impossible on any 4.2L NA car. Like not even remotely scientifically in the realm of any possibility. You could conceivably get 1000hp out of this motor if you gave it a 16,000rpm redline using F1 tech and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Highly improbable but not impossible. But you could never make 600lb/ft torque without FI. These guys are full retards if they don’t clarify this.

And just think, even if you did an FI setup where you gained 30hp/250lb/ft, it would essentially mean you have an overboosted detuned low revving slug. Those are numbers that give diesel guys boners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuyTheWarranty
02-03-2019, 09:13 AM
Just emailed me back, was 100% a typo as everyone thought.

forbiddenbeat
02-06-2019, 07:18 AM
Just emailed me back, was 100% a typo as everyone thought.

"Oh whoops, yah, that should have been 2,500ft-lb, sorry!" [:D]