PDA

View Full Version : 98 1.8t issues AZ member came to the rescue!

Aidan_c
12-21-2018, 10:40 PM
Hey guys first time poster here! Been a crazy day so I'll keep this short. So I recently bought a turbo from AZ member fasterd for a possible turbo problem a week or two ago. I haven't had much time to work on the car lately but today was nice and warm so I hit him up again to see if he would help me diagnose some issues. A lack of boost snowballed into noticing my timing belt was dangerously loose. Like I'm (most likely) lucky as ____ loose. By chance Fasterd had a kit sitting in his garage and he immediately offered to dig into my car and get the timing system refreshed. I'm really tired as I type this out but I will get into details about the car and add pictures of where were at in the morning. But the main point of this thread is a huge shout out to the homie Fasterd for jumping at a chance to help a serious noob without a second guess! This community is awesome

Aidan_c
12-22-2018, 09:48 PM
Update. Success after night two. Car is running brilliantly! Fasterd killed it even with a few extremely annoying trips to a couple Audi dealers for some crank pulley bolts. Finally got them and they said no ones asked for them in years lol. B5s are getting pretty old huh

Wooshy
12-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Yea, he seems like a great guy, sad to see his car get beat up by bambi

walky_talky20
12-24-2018, 07:21 AM
I like this thread. [az]