PDA

View Full Version : 98 2.8 30V Running rich and stutters on warm start, already replaced cts

HepatitisQ
12-06-2018, 10:09 AM
So I'm having this strange rich problem that causes my car to start up normally at cold, start up pretty alright at warm after like maybe 10 minutes to 30 minutes-ish, then start on the first crank but for a second or two looks like it's about to die out till it catches itself.
I've already replaced the Coolant Sensor, Spark Plugs, MAF (it was A LOT worse before this), Purge Valve, and new oil and air filter. I've also pulled the rail out and put the key in the on position to check for any leaks at the injectors and got nothing. I currently don't have a fuel pressure tester and not sure if the O'Reileys has the right fitting for it, but the only other thing I'm suspecting is something with the pump. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this happen before or if there's another possible suspect I haven't checked.

Blazius
12-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Fuel pump / Fuel Pump regulator I guess. What do logs and VCDS say?

scaphan
12-06-2018, 01:24 PM
YES! MINE TOO!! What is it?!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HepatitisQ
12-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Fuel pump / Fuel Pump regulator I guess. What do logs and VCDS say?

That's one other issue, I haven't gotten those tools yet. New to the VW/Audi club.
I did however grab a bunch of regulators off other cars in the local scrapyard. After swapping about 4 different regulators and checking the long term trims, nothing has changed. Also the fuel pump had been changed two years ago which unless the old owner got a cheap ass pump, doubt it would be kicking the bucket this soon.

Blazius
12-06-2018, 04:23 PM
That's one other issue, I haven't gotten those tools yet. New to the VW/Audi club.
I did however grab a bunch of regulators off other cars in the local scrapyard. After swapping about 4 different regulators and checking the long term trims, nothing has changed. Also the fuel pump had been changed two years ago which unless the old owner got a cheap ass pump, doubt it would be kicking the bucket this soon.

Well then you really need to pickup VCDS. you can pick up one for 30 bucks too. Other thing could be the crank angle sensor.