PDA

View Full Version : boost gauge install



808a41.8t
02-09-2006, 11:51 AM
has anyone ever installed the center vent boost gauge pod on their car before? i know how to install the gauge itself but i dont know how to install it into the vent and run the lines? any ideas? thanks

AudiA4T
02-09-2006, 04:34 PM
did you look at the AWE website? i believe they have an installation instruction guide for their boost gauge, which i am pretty sure is the same setup as you.

well i did the search son .. here you go

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/center_vent_gauge_b6_b7.pdf

hope that helps .. coz i am pretty sure bg and b5 are the same except for subtle changes

bryan

808a41.8t
02-10-2006, 12:20 AM
brah yes i did go to that site ***. and im not too fond on drilling the hole in the side of the vent. i'd rather see someones thats been done. and i will call you tommorow

AudiA4T
02-10-2006, 03:50 AM
ok *** peace out

HIstateS8
02-11-2006, 07:59 PM
haha, ladies...now now! j/j [:D]

immortal_zeus
02-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Slightly off topic, but sort of close:

Where else is a good spot for a boost gauge? I need a boost gauge too, but I don't want to put it in the central A/C vent.

Better yet, is there anything with a combo boost gauge and turbo timer? I need both. [:D]

Hawaiiannights
02-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Why is it that they don't make a B-Pillar pod for the B6's?? Isn't there a demand? I used to love my Autometer Phantom Gauges in the pillar pod on my old B5

808a41.8t
02-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Slightly off topic, but sort of close:

Where else is a good spot for a boost gauge? I need a boost gauge too, but I don't want to put it in the central A/C vent.

Better yet, is there anything with a combo boost gauge and turbo timer? I need both. [:D]

i would have initially liked to put it on my a pillar but no one i can find makes a pod for it. i'm thinking of putting it on my steering column. and blitz makes a turbo timer that reads boost. i believe its call the DATT. something like that...


Originally posted by Hawaiiannights
Why is it that they don't make a B-Pillar pod for the B6's?? Isn't there a demand? I used to love my Autometer Phantom Gauges in the pillar pod on my old B5
which one is the b pillar? do you mean a pillar?

AudiBoy808
02-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Yo phillip if you want a A pillar gauge holder for you car go to www.supremepowerparts.com they are the only one that makes it for our car. Kind of pricey but worth it if you want that OEM look. Check the classifieds sometimes peeps sell um.

boysan
02-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Up until now, IMHO the only "clean" boost gauge kit for the B6 has been the AWE Tuning one. That being said, I'm not crazy about losing the adjustability of one of my center vents or throwing off the symmetry of the center dash either.

MC Hammered on the B6 forum is in the process of producing a pretty nice, OEM-looking steering column gauge pod. I think he's going to sell them for $75 and is taking deposits now. I'm thinking of getting one.

Another solution that's pretty nice is to remove the ashtray and fabricate a custom panel there to hold a couple gauges. 1/4 scale on AW did this and it's sooo stealthly.
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/34925/img_1588.jpg

In an ideal world, they'd come out with this kit for the B6:http://www.europeanspeed.com/efu.htm (http://)

808a41.8t
02-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by AudiBoy808
Yo phillip if you want a A pillar gauge holder for you car go to www.supremepowerparts.com they are the only one that makes it for our car. Kind of pricey but worth it if you want that OEM look. Check the classifieds sometimes peeps sell um.
nah i dont like the look of the spp one. looks like a tumor on the a pillar but to each his own i guess. i actually bought one off some guy on the forums but he took my money and dug [down] [down]


Originally posted by boysan
Up until now, IMHO the only "clean" boost gauge kit for the B6 has been the AWE Tuning one. That being said, I'm not crazy about losing the adjustability of one of my center vents or throwing off the symmetry of the center dash either.

MC Hammered on the B6 forum is in the process of producing a pretty nice, OEM-looking steering column gauge pod. I think he's going to sell them for $75 and is taking deposits now. I'm thinking of getting one.

Another solution that's pretty nice is to remove the ashtray and fabricate a custom panel there to hold a couple gauges. 1/4 scale on AW did this and it's sooo stealthly.


In an ideal world, they'd come out with this kit for the B6:http://www.europeanspeed.com/efu.htm
imho the awe is the best looking gauge setup but soooo expensive [headbang]