PDA

View Full Version : My forever project

PNW-B5A430V
11-06-2018, 12:33 PM
New Member to Audizine, but not to Audi(s).

I have had this car since the day I turned 16. My dad and I looked at it, and bought it together. It was 100% stock when it came into my possession 12-13 years ago.

The old girl is a:

98 b5 a4 30v with a PES G1 supercharger kit installed with a custom fabricated front mount intercooler. It runs a smaller diameter charge pulley to boost around 11-12 PSI as well as ZZ performance supercharger coupler. It is street tuned with a split second piggy back controller, B5 s4 red top injectors, and is running custom wideband, Vacuum, and boost gauges.

JHM drive train stabilizer, Apikol Snub mount, 034 street density engine and trans mounts, Apikol rear diff mount (red), Apikol rear diff carrier bushings, OEM s4 strut tower brace, H sport front sway bar with poly bushings, 034 solid poly front end links, Nuespeed rear sway bar with sub frame reinforcement brackets, solid metal Meyle rear end links, Bilstein sport struts with Vogtland sport springs, B5 s4 front spindles, Brembo 17Z 6 pot front brake swap with C230 AMG front rotors, SS lines all around, Audi Q7 platinum 19x8 wheels with ECS custom spacers all around, Supersprint headers with custom down pipes to an OBX 3" exhaust system, B&M short throw, InPRO LED tail lights, HID 9K headlights (2 piece), RSR front bumper, B5 s4 side skirts, shaved door moldings, painted rear valence, black painted roof, 15% tint, and some other things I am sure I am forgetting.

This is my car below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYS-NnrciEE

Long story short, the car has been sitting in my barn untouched and neglected for roughly 8 years as life got in the way, but I am here to finally resurrect her.

AKA 2.7 swap/build and possibly 01E swap.

Looking for a donor car at the moment.

Joe Jr.
11-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Like it! and welcome back to the mix. I've always liked the sound of roots superchargers.

PNW-B5A430V
11-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Thank you very much sir.

Anyone looking for a PES G1 kit?

Anyone looking for a 2.8 30v motor?

I am quite excited to start this build. When I was 16 my father wouldn't even consider getting me a B5 S4 so this build has been something on my mind for over a decade.

Joe Jr.
11-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Do you have an idea of what you'll want to get for that PES kit?

PNW-B5A430V
11-08-2018, 07:40 AM
I would like to get 1500 or so for all of it. Its in fair condition and I have had the supercharger professionally rebuilt.

Then I would like to sell the 2.8 30v block.

I'll be keeping the heads for my 2.7t build.

PNW-B5A430V
11-08-2018, 07:43 AM
I also have some b6 s4 front calipers and rotors for sale if any of you have swapped front spindles.

Stuff is in good shape, just some surface rust from sitting around in my barn.

PNW-B5A430V
11-15-2018, 08:21 AM
I think I found my donor car.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/2001-audi-allroad/6725536020.html

It seems I can get it for 500 dollars.

I will just have to figure out a way to get it on my trailer, as the owner says the car will not move in either direction due to the transmission.

Can I rewrite the Allroad's ECU for a manual transmission when I bolt up the 2.7t to my 01A 5 speed?

Avant Nate
11-15-2018, 10:47 AM
Should be able to recode, but I'm not sure what is required on the 2.7 crank for auto to man swao

PNW-B5A430V
11-15-2018, 01:01 PM
Hey thanks for the reply boss.

I never thought of that specific issue.

Does anyone have any input on this matter specifically?

If there is substantial part swapping that must happen, I would rather just find a wrecked a6 with an 01E (If I ever find one...a donor s4 I have pretty much given up on in the general PNW region)

Joe Jr.
11-16-2018, 08:29 AM
just watch cl every week if you don't already. I've seen just about everything on there the past year.

PNW-B5A430V
11-16-2018, 11:04 AM
Yea I really try to, but a manual b5 s4 that is cheap and worth picking up as a donor is hard to find. But that is just recently with me searching with the actual intent on buying one for the build.

So from what I have been reading, and what I want to build power wise, I am going to go with the following assumptions (just a few to start off with)

1. stock b5 s4 block (tanked and honed)
2. stock b5 s4 crank
3. upgraded rods
4. stock pistons and rings
5. coated rod bearings
6. stock wrist pins and rod bushings??? (advice?)
7. my 2.8 30v heads (just gonna have them decked and gone through. any need to upgrade anything in the head themselves? Do the heads need to be worked to bolt up to the b5 s4 bottom end?)
8.ARP head studs
9. Stock head gasket

I would like to go with tail 770(s) for the turbos, upgraded side mount intercoolers, and a proper fueling system upgrade.

Just to start lol