PDA

View Full Version : Any recomendations on Paint Shops to paint lower moldings?

Hawaiiannights
02-08-2006, 01:06 AM
So the first mod I wanted to do if anything was to paint the lower black colored rubber moldings the same as the body. Anybody ever done this? Any recommendations on a place localy? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

808a41.8t
02-08-2006, 01:47 AM
hands down jl autobody. joel is the man. he painted a lot of my stuff and his work is immaculate. i will be going to get my lowers painted from him also. call him at 841-8818 and tell him that phillip sent you. ask around and many people will vouch for him.

Hawaiiannights
02-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by 808a41.8t
hands down jl autobody. joel is the man. he painted a lot of my stuff and his work is immaculate. i will be going to get my lowers painted from him also. call him at 841-8818 and tell him that phillip sent you. ask around and many people will vouch for him.

Thanks, do you know roughly how much I should expect it to cost? Also i'm assuming I have to leave my car there right? How many days?

808a41.8t
02-08-2006, 10:56 AM
as far as the price goes, I'm not too sure. i paid about 500 to repaint my front bumper and 300 fo my rear lip. so maybe somewhere in between there? i would just take off the moldings and leave it with him, unless you can afford the downtime. i need my car everyday so leaving the car wasnt an option. best thing to do would probably go down and have him take a look at it. hope it helps.

boostinmr2
02-08-2006, 07:52 PM
If you haven't done the paint yet, try GX Auto in Mapunapuna. My B5 S4 is over there right now and you can judge for yourself the quality. JL does some real quality work but it usually ends up pretty expensive. Go to GX and ask for Mike, and just mention Henry from KitWorx - he'll get you a killer price.

808a41.8t
02-09-2006, 12:09 AM
^^^ yup gx is auto is good too. and i heard that they're prices are reasonable. a lot of my friends with imports go to them. but the only reason i chose jl was because he's worked with bunch of euros including many audis...

Hawaiiannights
02-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks guys i'm thinking about checking out that JL place. But do I have to leave the car or is he going to remove the pieces and I just leave them there? Is my car going to look lame without those pieces on while he paints them? I'm assuming it will.

I wonder what the turn around time would be....

boysan
02-21-2006, 01:41 AM
You got a B6, right? You're going to have to leave your car there unless you like rolling w/o bumpers[:D] Actually, the front lower bumper can be removed separately from the upper one, but the rear lower and upper bumpers are one piece.

I think you're looking at roughly 5 days (say, drop off Monday, pickup Friday) for turnaround time, but perhaps your shop can cut a day or so off that. Could you maybe rent a car while your ride's in the shop? My wife got a great $29/day deal at Enterprise a couple weeks ago when my in-laws were in town.

808a41.8t
02-21-2006, 02:04 AM
i got my lip and my bumper done in about a week and he was taking his time. if you go down tell him phillip sent you and i'll try and tell him to prioritize your stuff. anything to help a fellow audi owner [up]