PDA

View Full Version : Audi A5 B5 '97 project

Creator
11-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Hello everybody!

I recently decided that I want to modify my old Audi. It will be a real challenge, because I am not an expert in cars, so please don't go hard on me. Money is not a huge problem right now and just for the info I live in Slovenia (Europe).

The first and the main thing I want to change about it, I want t swap the 1.8 engine with a 1.8t engine. If I am going to do that, do I just have to swap the engine, or also the transmission and other components? Do you know of any sites where I could buy just the engine or should I buy the whole car and for what should I be looking when buying one in good condition.

The second thing is the tune. I actually don't know a whole lot about them, but a friend of mine recomended to get a Stage 2 tune? If anyone would be so nice to explain how and where to get one done.

For the exterior I was looking at the ''Audi A4 B5 4Dr L Type Front Bumper Lip Spoiler - Poly Urethane PU'', the Votex side skirts, Caractere rear lip, mirror caps, and so on... For some of this parts I cannot find any listings. so if you know any sites that sell them I would be gratefull if you list them.

This is it for now and if anyone offers me any help I would be more than thankfull.

A4 2.5TDI
11-03-2018, 12:26 PM
I will definetly keep an eye on this thread and i am also from slovenia B5s need lot"s[wrench]But threy are great cars.

Creator
11-03-2018, 12:28 PM
cheers to that ;)

zingo
11-03-2018, 01:56 PM
I just purchased my first Audi, a 1997 b5 avant 1.8t and love that you let us follow your journy and maybe I will copy/join some project. i have no car modding background and plan to start easy with new car mats and maybe a Android car stereo with reverse/back camera and maybe switching to one of those premade led angel/front/back lights unit you can buy. Looking at led kits also.

Thanks for sharing!

Creator
11-03-2018, 03:02 PM
I just purchased my first Audi, a 1997 b5 avant 1.8t and love that you let us follow your journy and maybe I will copy/join some project. i have no car modding background and plan to start easy with new car mats and maybe a Android car stereo with reverse/back camera and maybe switching to one of those premade led angel/front/back lights unit you can buy. Looking at led kits also.

Thanks for sharing!Glad to have you here. The start of the project will be when I figure out how exactly to change the engine. After that, will come all the mods, so it might take a while :/
If i will ever start a new thread with my car I will pm you ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Audizine mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87676)