PDA

View Full Version : What is supposed to connect to this vacuum line?

LA4
09-23-2018, 09:11 AM
Been trying to chase down a CEL and I discovered that nothing is attached here. This is on an AEB. It is on the hose that connects to the brake booster. Anyone familiar with this?

https://i.imgur.com/PVg63L6.jpg

LA4
09-23-2018, 10:55 AM
So upon further review it looks like this is usually capped off with a nipple?

A4 2.5TDI
09-23-2018, 12:19 PM
Yes this pipe is usuallay capped off with a green nipple which often becomes brittle and eventualy turns int dust you could get sillicone caps to close the pipe your CEL could be related to this because you have vaccum leak.

A1 A2 German
09-23-2018, 04:01 PM
Neet trick is I track down these which have 2 nipples, I then place it on the battery tray side closer to bb, now I have 2 vacuum port refrences for a gauge and or/accessories that need to see boost/vac.

I place it closer to bb in the rain tray so you see that less stuff poking through the false firewall, also covered up by a rain tray cover.

Needs to be plugged if not in use, you can also use a small sheet metal screw with a pan head so seats ~flush/proper with the nipple tip....in case you ever want to access it opposed to digging out silicone.

LA4
09-24-2018, 06:38 PM
Yes this pipe is usuallay capped off with a green nipple which often becomes brittle and eventualy turns int dust you could get sillicone caps to close the pipe your CEL could be related to this because you have vaccum leak.

Yeah I found a picture of the infamous green nipple lol.

I didn't have anything to plug it properly so as a temporary solution I took a piece of vacuum hose and plugged in a self-tapping screw. This has resolved my high-idle problem so I will have to look into those silicone caps as a permanent fix.

LA4
09-24-2018, 06:40 PM
Neet trick is I track down these which have 2 nipples, I then place it on the battery tray side closer to bb, now I have 2 vacuum port refrences for a gauge and or/accessories that need to see boost/vac.

I place it closer to bb in the rain tray so you see that less stuff poking through the false firewall, also covered up by a rain tray cover.

Needs to be plugged if not in use, you can also use a small sheet metal screw with a pan head so seats ~flush/proper with the nipple tip....in case you ever want to access it opposed to digging out silicone.

Now that you mention it... I can just attach the vacuum line for my boost gauge to it. I currently have it hooked up to a T-fitting in between the FPR and intake manifold so I can eliminate that and it's a two birds one stone solution. Thanks