PDA

View Full Version : Tire Air Compressor

A4Qwattro
08-27-2018, 05:33 PM
I just wanted leave this here, because I thought someone else might like to have it too. I bought this tire air compressor that fits like a glove into the rear storage compartment where the Audi Jack box is.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WOT3YM6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_mBjHBb64GD7B3

It's $35. Could you find something cheaper? Probably. However, for anyone looking for a discrete compressor that fits in the trunk compartment like a glove,seriously, see for yourself:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180828/02cf1f7aed8ddb6b5895940029634ea5.jpg

The brand is irrelevant as it seems this particular model goes under a few different brands in Amazon. Haven't had any problems using it so far. It shuts off at the pressure setpoint. Inflates quickly. Doesn't vibrate across the ground when on. So far I only used it to pump the 18" tires from 31 PSI (Audi dealer "favor" when they did my Alignment) up to 36.5 PSI

A4Qwattro
08-27-2018, 06:22 PM
The pressure reading also seems to be accurate. Reading always matched my other digital gauge.

Side note: anyone tried the "Free Air" at Belle Tire? Well don't....Atleast in my area, I've been to two different Belle Tires, and the gauge always reads too low on their machine. So you end up with overinflated tires.

Also found water spitting out of the thing at one of the locations. Seems like the air compressor "dryer" failed in that machine...imagine spitting water into your tires....

Wooshy
08-28-2018, 08:44 AM
Sheetz free air is the same way here, u go put 40 lbs if u want 35, and thats a great sized compressor, also ide suggest a jump box that charges via your cars outlet, my battery was full dead, car sat for 5 months due to a bad suspension and not having time to fox it, besides i was driving my 3.2 to work, the battery was full dead hooked it up turned the key ot started instantly, got it on an amazon deal aswell thought it would be a great test, it was. It also fits in there, but i got some velcro strips to just hold it to the side of the trunk, and installed an outlet back there that has a switch upfront just so every so often i just turn it on and charge it