PDA

View Full Version : FATTYALX legit?

Fasterd
08-27-2018, 01:06 PM
Guys,
I see him popping up regarding a stage 1, ans spoke in PM. Can someone vouch for the quality of the file?

No offense bro (homework is a must), but if some reputable members come out thumbs up I will totally pay your fee asap

Cheers,

Seerlah
08-27-2018, 02:46 PM
Only person on here who tunes the stock ECM I trust is k0mpressd (pretty sure there are more, but not people I am accustomed to). He was mapping the stock ECM years back (like 10 years back) before nefmoto even existed. K0mpressd (Ian) would even post screen shots for people to do it themselves, showing what maps to change for certain things. But as far as tunes, he would sell them cheap for like $150.

Most people go to nefmoto and use tunes made by other people. Not saying that is what that particular individual is doing, but is a common practice that a lot of forum members don't appreciate. Some consider that stealing another person's work, then taking credibility for it and profiting from it.

If you plan on going BT, go with a company that has upgrades. For example, I ran a Eurodyne tune from the start when people did not know they had tunes for the stock turbo. Then when I upgraded to a GT2871R, upgraded to their BT file for an extra $200. Then when I went bigger, upgraded to the Maestro Suite and currently on a custom tune by a forum member (used to be the in house tuner for RAI Motorsports).

http://pagparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=103_104&products_id=398

Fasterd
08-27-2018, 03:49 PM
I suspected much of this 100% I remember Kompressed as well. I am just looking for a cheap stage 1 ecm (i see them 250 when they have gone up) to get a little more spirit out of it while saving over the winter. Using next T-belt interval as the big one.

Cheers,

- - - Updated - - -

my problem is the tuning suite is 800 bucks

Seerlah
08-27-2018, 04:09 PM
It is $800, but not if you do it in stages. You get the stock OTS tune for $400. Then you pay the difference when upgrading, but you need to purchase from an authorized dealer. So if you want an OTS BT tune after, you pay $200. Or if you want the Suite, then $400 more since you already paid the initial $400.

That is route I took. Paid $400 for the stock ots tune years back. Then paid $200 when I upgraded to the gt2871r. Then when I went 5152, paid another $200 for the suite, totalling $800.

Fasterd
08-27-2018, 04:11 PM
bitchin, definitely my plan next month.

[up]

TheRedGlacier
08-28-2018, 11:40 AM
I can vouch for Alex. He's a good guy. I've done deals with him in the past.