PDA

View Full Version : B5 1.8t Injectors?

montreal.obrien
07-15-2018, 12:25 PM
I plan on getting a GIAC tune for my '01 1.8t, I see that you can get a more aggressive tune if you upgrade your injectors to the tt225 386cc injectors. The problem is they cost nearly double the price of the 440 and 550 cc injectors.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bosch-parts/440cc-fuel-injectors-set-of-four/0280155968~4cyl/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bosch-parts/550cc-fuel-injectors-set-of-four/injb550~4/

Would it be ok if I ran either of these instead of the 386cc injectors? both before I get the chip, and after?

I'm very new to the audi and car scene so thanks for the help and patience.

Cybersombosis
07-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Off the shelf tunes are set for a specific (OEM) size of injector. Just installing bigger injectors will screw up the tune.

If you are going to get a tune with a different size injector and have a 2001, then go with a Motoza custom tune. Not only does it cost less, but it is upgrade friendly. If you ever change any component of your system, you can upgrade the tuning for a rework fee. I went from a stage 1 (APR) to a stage 1+ (Motoza) to a hybrid Ko4 tune (Motoza). I should have went Motoza from the beginning but didnít know what I didnít know.

In addition to this, with a Motoza tune, you can do all of this in the comfort of your own home. No sending away your ECU or having to visit your local tuner. Just log a run, upload your file, then upload the revision, all through a USB to OBD2 cable provided by them. And to top it all off itís less expensive than an off the shelf tune. Check out their website. Good luck with your choice.

Doug

montreal.obrien
07-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Ok thank you, it does also look a lot better price wise. So do I need to install the injectors when I flash the tune, or can I put them in before? Will that mess anything up?

Cybersombosis
07-15-2018, 04:34 PM
Report to Motoza your upgrades, get the tune from them, install the components, then flash your tune and not before.

Doug