PDA

View Full Version : 6-pot Rotora Big Brake Kit for my A4 B7

Pimplux_A4
01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
hey guys,

i got Rotora BBK 6-piston (front) and 4-piston (rear) w/new brake lines, pads and slotted/drilled rotors.

question is: this system (as well as the Brembo Gran Turismo kits) loses the factory/OEM e-brake. how do i get pass this problem? i need e-brake and have been told about a line-cable type lever which audi a4 owners use when they upgrade to BBKs all-around, is there such a thing? i did a audiworld search and didn't find anything.

is there an after-market e-brake system?

what do you guys use for e-braking after you upgrade to BBKs??? (beside from putting the car in gear like 1st or 2nd).

thank you in advance :)

with respect,

mike chen
honolulu, hawaii

www.myspace.com/pimpluxa4
www.executivekonnexion.com

HIstateS8
01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
You shoulda just upgraded to porsche Cayenne brakes. Did you post on the B7 forums here? My best advice, I can give is just take it to TAI VW/Audi or Volxgerman. Give both of them a call and see what they say.

TAI VW/Audi 623-4282
Volxgerman 593-0335

Pimplux_A4
01-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Pimplux_A4
hey guys,

i got Rotora BBK 6-piston (front) and 4-piston (rear) w/new brake lines, pads and slotted/drilled rotors.

question is: this system (as well as the Brembo Gran Turismo kits) loses the factory/OEM e-brake. how do i get pass this problem? i need e-brake and have been told about a line-cable type lever which audi a4 owners use when they upgrade to BBKs all-around, is there such a thing? i did a audiworld search and didn't find anything.

is there an after-market e-brake system?

what do you guys use for e-braking after you upgrade to BBKs??? (beside from putting the car in gear like 1st or 2nd).

thank you in advance :)

with respect,

mike chen
honolulu, hawaii

www.myspace.com/pimpluxa4
www.executivekonnexion.com

sup man! i was gonna do the porsche fronts and upgrades rears but then i was very fortunate to be sponsored by rotora and they have custom-made my rear 4-pot so i kinda have to run rotora. thanks for the looking out man! take it easy! mikey

kil66
01-26-2006, 11:38 PM
if they custom made your rear why dont you ask them to make a e-brake for ur car too?
just wondering?

winston@podi.ca
01-27-2006, 01:23 AM
You can install a line lock system which will act like an ebrake and hold you car while parked on a hill.

nine1twoinc
02-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Mike, try to contact Group 5 Motorsport @ San Diego, I've heard they have the line-lock or e-brake kit for the rear