PDA

View Full Version : CEL code/Questions

11S5V8
05-16-2018, 06:55 AM
I keep getting a CEL light, I cleared it a few weeks back but it is persistent and on my diagnosis tool it comes up as "Intake Runner valve sporadic" or something along those lines, I assume the intake runner is malfunctioning. How would I go about replacing this? Is there a good place to start? I looked online and I see parts but nit sure what I need to buy. any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sazexa
05-16-2018, 09:45 AM
Yours is an '11, judging by your username? Should be a plastic intake manifold which means it's vacuum controlled. Are you experiencing power loss/engine hesitation, or uneven idles? If so, it's most likely a vacuum leak.

11S5V8
05-16-2018, 11:59 AM
no nothing like that, I'm usually in sport mode most of the time have had no issues. It got cleaned a few months back and cleared. I was gonna take the car in for a carbon clean anyway but was wondering if this may be something I can fix. I can rescan the car and pull the codes when I get off work if that'll provide a little more clarity. and yes it is an 11'

11S5V8
05-17-2018, 06:11 AM
This is what the OBDII reader gave me "Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Bank 2a" P2019....went into VAGCOM ran a full diagnosis came back with this "Intake Manifold Runner Positions Sensor.Switch circuit Bank 2-sporadic 002-Lower Limit Exceeded" 08217 is the code. Like I said no issues running, no idle up and down and power seems to be fine.