PDA

View Full Version : Might be jumping back into an Audi... What's the reliability been like for the RS5's?

WV_B8S4
04-22-2018, 07:50 AM
Sold my S4 in May of last year and I've missed her every day since =(

I'm looking at potentially picking up a 2014-2015 RS5 coupe somewhere under 40k miles... What's the long-term reliability been like? Any big issues?

tech30six
04-22-2018, 02:38 PM
From a dealer standpoint they have been pretty good. No major issues. You'll probably have the odd Bluetooth issue or navigation issueike all Audi's but in terms of engine mechanical and internals, they have been great cars. Make sure you have a full service history including all the fluids like dsg, MTF, rear axle ATF and gear oil, and before buying and I'd opt for a bone-stock car.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Audizine mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87676)

2012s5cj
04-23-2018, 03:58 AM
I tend to believe that all cars have some problems. Foreign cars get a bad rap because they are very expensive to fix. If you find yourself a good private mechanic, know a thing or two about cars, you should be fine. Ive owned mostly foreign cars, and never got raked over the coals. I follow the maintenance schedule unless common sense dictates otherwise. I call the shops out on BS, and will say ok, show me if I feel like someone is going for a cash grab. :)

Ape Factory
04-23-2018, 09:16 PM
The RS5's have been proven to be pretty reliable for the most part. Bluetooth has been solid and absolutely zero complaints. Better than my much newer Infiniti SUV actually. Nav hasn't been an issue either but I mostly use Google or Apple Maps on my smartphone.

The engine is rock solid. It's a far cry from say an E92 M3 (in a good way). Same with the transmission and diffs. Just make sure the maintenance is done on time. There really aren't any "big" issues on the RS5 honestly. I think most major issues were probably taken care of under warranty and any mechatronic issues were solved by the 2013 model year. Now that's not to say there weren't RS5's with issues, but as 2012s5cj pointed out, all models will have a few bad apples.

The 4.2L has been refined well over the years. I'd not hesitate to drive mine across the country.

mcbuck
04-24-2018, 07:00 AM
I would assume you've already seen this thread, but just in case
https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/762000-Higher-mileage-RS5-s