PDA

View Full Version : Emergency brake Button question RS5 guys

Cloudg8
02-28-2018, 08:10 AM
So lately when I get into my car, my brake button is activated. I never push it or anything. Just starts with it initiated. Also I park on relatively flat surfaces. Is this normal or a potential future problem. Just thought Iíd ask and see if others experience the same thing.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

namvar
02-28-2018, 08:19 AM
Under certain conditions the brake is activated automatically. I have noticed that but have not paid enough attention to figure out those situations. @superswiss?

14S4GWM
02-28-2018, 08:20 AM
Maybe its in the manual

superswiss
02-28-2018, 10:18 AM
The e-brake engages automatically if you open the driver's door before turning off the engine and/or putting the transmission in P. It's to prevent the car from rolling away on folks who get out of the car with engine running and transmission in D. I'm guessing that's what's going on in your case. I always manually engage the e-brake before letting of the brake when parking to avoid putting load on the transmission lock pin. That's actually what's recommended by Audi in the owner's manual. My garage floor has a slight incline and w/o doing this the car rolls a fraction of an inch backwards every time until it hits the pin and rests on it. It's not recommended to put any kind of load on the transmission lock pin.

Cloudg8
02-28-2018, 10:38 AM
The e-brake engages automatically if you open the driver's door before turning off the engine and/or putting the transmission in P. It's to prevent the car from rolling away on folks who get out of the car with engine running and transmission in D. I'm guessing that's what's going on in your case. I always manually engage the e-brake before letting of the brake when parking to avoid putting load on the transmission lock pin. That's actually what's recommended by Audi in the owner's manual. My garage floor has a slight incline and w/o doing this the car rolls a fraction of an inch backwards every time until it hits the pin and rests on it. It's not recommended to put any kind of load on the transmission lock pin.

Interesting didnít know that. That does make sense. Iíll have to be more conscious when parking then. Thanks for the clarification!! [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

namvar
03-01-2018, 08:56 AM

Thanks! I knew youwould know for sure