PDA

View Full Version : On the hunt for a new coilover setup for my B5 Avant

Lenny44b
02-22-2018, 03:51 PM
As stated. I'm looking at~
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...mping/29591-4/

and

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-kw-suspe...ng/10210032~a/

I see that H&R has a Avant specific setup where KW doesn't. This kind of shies me away from the KWs because I don't know the rear spring rate. But in the Same token they are stainless and I daily her on MA streets. Any input to help me out here. I've been searching for days and cant find a good Avant comparison thread.

zcspec
02-22-2018, 04:51 PM
The links you provided to both don't work, but I assume you're looking at a ride height adjustable, fixed dampening coilover setup. Having experience as an enduser and as an installer, irregardless of which coilover setup you go with, it will rust. Alumium, SS, you name it, it will eventually give in to corrisive nature of MA's salted roads. Of the two, I would go with H&Rs. They tend to be slightly stiffer than the KWs, but I have heard/read on numerous occasions that KW rears tend to sag over time, hence, they are one of the ONLY manufactures who sell a height adjustable sleeve add-on.

Lenny44b
02-22-2018, 05:03 PM
The links you provided to both don't work, but I assume you're looking at a ride height adjustable, fixed dampening coilover setup. Having experience as an enduser and as an installer, irregardless of which coilover setup you go with, it will rust. Alumium, SS, you name it, it will eventually give in to corrisive nature of MA's salted roads. Of the two, I would go with H&Rs. They tend to be slightly stiffer than the KWs, but I have heard/read on numerous occasions that KW rears tend to sag over time, hence, they are one of the ONLY manufactures who sell a height adjustable sleeve add-on.

Didn't realize the links weren't complete sorry but yes you are right. I was figuring the ass end would start sagging. As far as these sweet salted roads we have any suggestions on a anti corrosive non dirt attracting spray?

guglielmo
02-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Boeshield

Lenny44b
02-22-2018, 05:20 PM
Boeshield

Beautiful! Thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk