PDA

View Full Version : ski rack

DroO587
01-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, wher can i get a cheap ski rack for my b5?? Im not looking for anything hii-tech or nothing, just sumthin that'll do the job lol.

onemoremile
01-17-2006, 08:47 PM
how about free?
sit in the back seat.
flip down the armrest.
notice the ski boot? use it.

if you need to carry skis outside the car you'll need a roof rack (load bars) and the ski/snowboard attachment. this is 3-400 new.

Scuba06Steve
01-17-2006, 08:52 PM
yeah and if u need to get a rack get a lil low profile one, u dont want some huge things commin off the roof of ur car.

Juggernaut A4
01-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Too bad you cant fit a snowboard through the ski sack, atleast I can't. I just fold down the single seat and that will hold 3 boards and a pair of poles and skis. Plus you still have room for 4 people if the one in the middle is small.

RippleChip
01-18-2006, 05:30 AM
That is definitely the easiest, drop the one side of the seat or use the ski sack.

If I'm trecking around a lot of stuff I put my Yakima rack on with a RocketBox, thats the ultimate setup for trecking to the hills.

A4euro
01-18-2006, 07:13 AM
cheapy is the Xport setup.....its a knockoff from Thule or Yakima, but hey it works

98Black30V
01-18-2006, 07:20 AM
Ive seen racks that hold 2 boards or 4 pairs of skis that suction cup to the side of your rear door window and kinda hook into the inside, but that means the rear window will be partially open which could make for a cold ride unless you live 5 minutes from the mountain. Here's a smaller version of what I saw.
http://ecom1.sno-ski.com/product114.html

Yuikio
01-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by onemoremile
how about free?
sit in the back seat.
flip down the armrest.
notice the ski boot? use it.

if you need to carry skis outside the car you'll need a roof rack (load bars) and the ski/snowboard attachment. this is 3-400 new.

Do you need to carry snowboards? Because those don't fit in the ski-sack. And IIRC, the ski-sack came in a certain package, Cold Weather I think, and might not be on every car.

I paid a total of...275, but I got the rack from a private party. Thanks, Jim. And the guy at the rack place had a B5, so I got the Audi-owner discount after shooting the shit with him...sweet. He gave me the hardware for free and a discount that worked out to about 12% for the rest of the shit.

You'll need a footpack, load bars, and the actual rack itself. Figure 350-400 for all-new stuff.

onemoremile
01-18-2006, 09:20 AM
sweet! i'm glad you got it all worked out.

Yuikio
01-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by onemoremile
sweet! i'm glad you got it all worked out.

Yeah, I can't remember if I ever told you, but I couldn't be happier with the seats. They're really genuinely comfortable, they grab you when you're cornering, and they don't look out of place in the interior. Everyone that sits down in them comments on them. [up]
I managed to lose the resistor packet you sent with them. Four ohms, right? And you add a resistor to both sides or just the passenger?

A4quattro1.8T
01-19-2006, 11:31 AM
orsracksdirect.com
got everything for $271 shipped
Yakima q-tower system, Q-clips, crossbars, locks, and snow board carrier. W/O locks it is only $222 or something like that.