PDA

View Full Version : Door sensor not locking properly

KENNYS5
02-06-2018, 06:12 AM
Does anyone else have this problem where the door sensor lock only works from time to time..? It always unlock once I put my hand in the handle but when I press the square button on the handle to lock, it only works whenever it wants to.. my keyfob button works perfectly fine.

ffearless
02-06-2018, 07:11 AM
Does anyone else have this problem where the door sensor lock only works from time to time..? It always unlock once I put my hand in the handle but when I press the square button on the handle to lock, it only works whenever it wants to.. my keyfob button works perfectly fine.Could the battery in the smart key be low? Do you carry other things in your pocket that could shield the signal at times (e.g. knife, other key fobs)?

2014 Estoril Blue RS5, loaded, 034 Motorsport X-Brace and rear anti sway bar, CR-15 strut tower brace, ECStuning transmission and differential inserts, carbon fiber mirror housings, LED backup lights, VAG COMM mods, mid-resonator delete, true dual exhaust

SFCRCOOP
02-06-2018, 07:21 AM
I have the same problem... changed the batteries in my fobs and still works only sometimes...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NaiveTurtle
02-06-2018, 08:37 AM
It is likely the sensor inside the door handle is going bad. This is a very well known problem with the B8, the sensors fail regularly.

I would suggest buying an OEM sensor as all of the aftermarket ones fail pretty quickly. I think I remember finding the sensor on www.genuineaudiparts.com for like $125 shipped.

SFCRCOOP
02-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ape Factory
02-06-2018, 05:08 PM
I have an issue where it's actually the parking spot I'm in. Radio interference is the only thing I can figure out. It's literally in one location. I can go a row up or down and it's fine. Really weird. Works fine everywhere else. A smart phone will interfere with it if they're right next to one and other.

jaypilot75
02-25-2018, 12:16 PM
Naieve turtle nailed it. Factory sensors on this model suck. More than likely its a short to ground at the sensor itself. You can check it with VCDS....its in the KESSY module. Mine stopped working as well. I found they are sensitive to pressure washers at car washes.