PDA

View Full Version : Need a RS5 trunk (Suzuka)

jdmnomore
01-30-2018, 07:13 AM
In short someone hit me while I was on the course golfing this weekend. It was clearly a truck and my trunk is done. Needless to say I am beyond pissed my pristine RS5 is no longer pristine.

I've reported the incident to my insurance company but am still trying to source a trunk maybe from a totaled car and preferably Suzuka grey. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks In advance.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180130/7786a1de280011577c8825c2ef7c747a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180130/61f0a31712673d8e26618029f8f4284a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180130/81416185e81dc4779d3bfa29a2c36ac3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

s vier
01-30-2018, 07:32 AM
I am pissed for you! Sorry to hear man.

Ape Factory
01-30-2018, 08:27 AM
Well that sucks. I always said golf was an evil sport. This confirms it. I also hate trucks. It's like a two-fer.

Will most likely take a while to find a Suzuka trunk...Next best option is new trunk painted by Audi. Wonder if you can get parts pre-painted at the factory? Not sure how many miles or what sort of environmental exposure your car has seen (for paint matching).

jdmnomore
01-30-2018, 08:55 AM
Well that sucks. I always said golf was an evil sport. This confirms it. I also hate trucks. It's like a two-fer.

Will most likely take a while to find a Suzuka trunk...Next best option is new trunk painted by Audi. Wonder if you can get parts pre-painted at the factory? Not sure how many miles or what sort of environmental exposure your car has seen (for paint matching).Ironically this is my second suzuka RS5. Previous was a 13' with 44k. Current is a 15' with 18k. I wish I could find the old car it was totaled but trunk was pristine. Would it be possible to find with the old Vin?

Appreciate it guys

ICU2
01-30-2018, 08:10 PM
Ironically this is my second suzuka RS5. Previous was a 13' with 44k. Current is a 15' with 18k. I wish I could find the old car it was totaled but trunk was pristine. Would it be possible to find with the old Vin?

Appreciate it guys

Sorry to hear ~ this, infuriating. Try running the VIN w/Google or Bing & see what comes back, canít hurt. If that yields nothing, maybe contact the insurer on the 2013 & see where that leads. Not too optimistic ~ finding a used RS5 body part, limited production # vehicle & an even more rare color (Suzuka Grey) makes me think no bueno.

bknewtype
01-31-2018, 04:18 AM
sorry to hear

is there a reason why u prefer to find a totaled rs5 with a intact trunk? i would want my parts new, not from a totaled car thats been sitting in a lot with paint all abused due to evironmental contaminations

insurance will pay the price for a new one plus paint so there should b 0 expense to you

namvar
01-31-2018, 10:22 AM
sorry to hear

is there a reason why u prefer to find a totaled rs5 with a intact trunk? i would want my parts new, not from a totaled car thats been sitting in a lot with paint all abused due to evironmental contaminations

insurance will pay the price for a new one plus paint so there should b 0 expense to you

Yes I was wondering the same thing. I think you should be researching a good body shop rather than trying to find a used part. Trust me, the insurance company will try to force the body shop to use a used part . If they do, all you have to do is go to your audi dealer and ask them to match the cost on the estimate for a new part (i have done this a couple of time).

bknewtype
01-31-2018, 10:28 AM
Yes I was wondering the same thing. I think you should be researching a good body shop rather than trying to find a used part. Trust me, the insurance company will try to force the body shop to use a used part . If they do, all you have to do is go to your audi dealer and ask them to match the cost on the estimate for a new part (i have done this a couple of time).

i would assume paint match is the worry. but what most dont realize is that not all paint is created 100% equal. due to year differences, aging paint, contamination, etc best bet is to find a shop to match the paint thats on the body of the car vs the sazuka grey paint code. they can blend as well so everything is uniform

one thing i learned is that cars painted from the factory can have diff hues in between cars. a guy could of been spraying out , lets say, misano red on an rs5, and then he does sazuka without cleaning out the paint gun completely so you may have some left over hues from the misano.

id 100% look for a new truck + a body shop that can paint match to the body of your car

jdmnomore
01-31-2018, 11:59 AM
I appreciate that advice BK and am going that route I talked to my dealer and am going with a reccomended body shop. I realize the car will never be the same but I cannot wait to get her back to subnormal. I only drive the car on wknds for reasons like this but I also have terrible luck so just going to keep rolling with the punches.

bknewtype
01-31-2018, 01:19 PM
I appreciate that advice BK and am going that route I talked to my dealer and am going with a reccomended body shop. I realize the car will never be the same but I cannot wait to get her back to subnormal. I only drive the car on wknds for reasons like this but I also have terrible luck so just going to keep rolling with the punches.

Best of luck man. It happens and thats why we have insurance. Id worry as well but id rather enjoy my drives in a nice car vs driving a beater because worried about the nice car lol. Depends where u going obviously :p

Sent via iPhone 7+