PDA

View Full Version : cruise control issue any ideas?

G-low
01-16-2006, 01:28 PM
ok so my headlights went out on me. i had to replace the stalk for my headlights, but now when i replaced the part with a new one my CC doesnt work anymore. i took it all apart again to check and see if maybe i forgot to plug something in but thats not the case. i have checks some of the fuses that i know have to do with the CC but nothing else is out so i doubt its that.
what are the odds i got a broken stalk for Audi?
doubt i could get them to replace it cause its electrical and i have no proof its broken
any ideas on what i could be?

badassbaldie
01-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Did you test/use your CC before you replaced the broken light switch?

JMG
01-16-2006, 01:50 PM
The CC switch is fickle. I just ended up replacing mine under warranty.

ExpLlclT
01-16-2006, 04:03 PM
use ur foot not a button i don't think mine ever worked either that or never botherd to use it

Gundem
01-16-2006, 04:28 PM
why do you gusy even use that..IMO it's the lousiest invetion in car industry ever. (after a4's cup holer that is)

G-low
01-16-2006, 04:33 PM
i was using the CC on the way back to the shop after the lights went out so yes they were working so yes i tested it

about getting it replaced the CC and headlight stalks come together in one part so it is brand new from audi

oh and thanks for the idea of using my foot would have never though of that one
[rolleyes]

and the only time i use it is when im driving to VT and its 3+ hours on the highway

dont call me gusy

Gundem
01-16-2006, 04:35 PM
lol that was a typo for "GUYS"

haha...

G-low
01-17-2006, 01:30 PM
so last night i just for the hell of it hit the CC button and off i go WTF! i use it for alittle while down the highway works fine. but then i stop at a gas station and i notice one side of my brake lights are out check fuse and replace. back on the highway and no CC i dont understand why the @#$% would it do that im lost

AudiA4_20T
01-17-2006, 06:58 PM
You guys really think its that bad? On long trips I just wish I could hold my speed instead of having to check my speedometer every 1/2 a minute just to make sure I wasnt over 80. I think its pretty nice.... but thats just me I guess

G-low
01-18-2006, 08:15 PM
get this
i think it had to do with my tail light bulb lol
or it might be a huge coincidence but the bulb was out of the socket a bit and when i put it back in place correctly the CC worked again. doesnt one or both of the tail lights fuses come into play with the CC?
i might be loosing my mind

BranCKY3
01-18-2006, 08:25 PM
I find it very useful on the highway... just set it and you can actually relax your legs.