PDA

View Full Version : Coolant leak by intake manifold

Nicky_Deeks
01-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Hello all,

I've just noticed a small coolant leak in the rear of my 4.2 engine. The leak is coming from a plastic flange that connects to the coolant reservoir. I examined the line going to the reservoir and it is intact and not leaking. The plastic part looks to be attached to the rear of the intake manifold but when searching for the specific part I cant come up with anything and it is not coming up as attached to the manifold union. If anyone knows which part this is or the part number that would be greatly appreciated!! I have some photos of the leak as well I will try to post.

Thank you, Nick

Porschephd
01-19-2018, 06:29 PM
Itís a coolant adapter to the throttle body and the other side goes to the oil separator. The coolant adapter is 079-133-424S. I would also suggest replacing the oil separator as it will more than likely break while trying to get it out so you can get to the adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicky_Deeks
01-19-2018, 06:33 PM
Thank you very much! Ill get an order together for both parts, I appreciate the help.

NaiveTurtle
01-19-2018, 07:47 PM
You shoildnalso buy the throttle body bypass kit from JHM while you're in there, unless you live in super cold climate. That coolant line will lead to a lot of heat soak and take away power.

jaypilot75
02-25-2018, 12:37 PM
Check out dr.s4's post, same issue as you. Let us know how it goes.