PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Audi B5 A4 Quattro 2.8l 12v V6 - When given gas, engine starts to stutter and wa

ReallyAudiBoi
01-12-2018, 05:46 AM
Hey guys, Iím just looking for help diagnosing an engine problem, whenever I give the vehicle gas the engine starts to stutter and sounds like it wants to die, the rpmís become extremely erratic. The car has been sitting for awhile. I have diagnosed nothing so far, I would just like some help diagnosing everything that could possibly be causing this issue.

I was thinking spark plugs, fuel filter, clogged injectors, air filter, fuel pump, coils.

Whatís some stuff to look for?

Strangelove
01-12-2018, 02:11 PM
I'd start with plugs and some fresh fuel if it's been sitting a long time.

Is this under load (driving around) or does it happen when you blip the throttle at idle?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

ReallyAudiBoi
01-12-2018, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Strangelove;12888639]I'd start with plugs and some fresh fuel if it's been sitting a long time.

Is this under load (driving around) or does it happen when you blip the throttle at idle?

It happens just when blipping the throttle, itís far worse when under load though.

ReallyAudiBoi
01-12-2018, 09:26 PM
I'd start with plugs and some fresh fuel if it's been sitting a long time.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

It happens always...

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87676)

Rodgman15
01-13-2018, 06:10 AM
As mentioned, start with plugs and fresh fuel. It could really be a number of things. Any codes?