PDA

View Full Version : ok so my climatronic started on fire again...help?

NogaroA4
01-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Ok for people that didnt know my car was a theft recovery blah blah blah...anyway when i got the car I noticed that the theives that stole the car stole the climatronic and radio and cut the harnesses out so the guy i bought it from tryed to fix it by splicing the wires back together and from what i could tell the colors on the wires matched up pretty good...Well the climatronic works exept it shows a couple codes when i vag it like certian motors not responding but it was no biggy and the lights on the climatronic would flash...like they would get bright then dim and keep doing that....well everything was working good for about 3 months and then i noticed a burning smell and smoke coming from it and here the damn thing started on fire...I'm assuming from a short...did anyone else ever run into this?

blacka41point8t
01-13-2006, 09:22 PM
damn thats just weird...id replace the whole harness.

NogaroA4
01-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by blacka41point8t
damn thats just weird...id replace the whole harness.

yeah thats what im going to do...its a pain to find a new harness cuz they go by vin number....but i think i found one in georga for 125 plus shipping....the dealership wants 2065 dollars[eek] for the same harness without installation

blacka41point8t
01-13-2006, 09:34 PM
holy shit thats ABSURD!!!!