PDA

View Full Version : Stoptech stage 2 upgrade

Audi convert
01-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Has anyone done this package and what were you impressions?

http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=307&c=22

It seems like a nice inexpensive upgrade for improved track performance and mostly reliability. I boiled the brake fluid in my Type R once and it was scarry as hell driving home from the track having to push the petal to the floor to stop. Upgraded pads, fluid and S.Steel brakelines made a huge difference. I don't have any expirience with slotted rotors though.

jkimspe
01-23-2006, 11:52 AM
I got my upgrade from them. Brake feels much more positive. the only thing i dont like is the fact that they squeel like a mofo.

Audi convert
01-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks, must be the pads.

Tgr_Clw
09-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Skip on this upgrade. Go directly to BBK.

EBG 18T
09-18-2006, 09:22 AM
if you are running the Axxis Ultimates pads they will squeel more if they are not bedded properly. They will also squeel a little after bedded when they are cold. But overall they are good solid street pads. If you want something more aggressive i have the Ferrodo DS3500's for track.

EBG 18T
09-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Tgr_Clw
Skip on this upgrade. Go directly to BBK.

i'm with you on this. But not everyone wants to buy the whole BBk like us and deal with getting proper wheels to fit. [:D]

Yemski
09-19-2006, 07:49 AM
I have this kit on my B5, installed it myself. Initial bite and overall stopping is better than stock but I get alot of brake dust - prolly because I got cross drilled rotors. Also I do get squeel at low speeds when applying light pressure on the pedal even thoug I bedded the pads in. I'd say this is a good kit for the price.

EBG 18T
09-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Yemski
Initial bite and overall stopping is better than stock but I get alot of brake dust - prolly because I got cross drilled rotors.

brake dust has nothing to do with crossdrilled rotors. brake dust is because of the brake pads.

Yemski
02-12-2007, 05:03 PM
brake dust has nothing to do with crossdrilled rotors. brake dust is because of the brake pads.

its called the cheesegrater effect, yes brake pad material contributes highly to brake dust but so does the rotor

EBG 18T
02-14-2007, 07:09 PM
its called the cheesegrater effect, yes brake pad material contributes highly to brake dust but so does the rotor

I am not even going to waste my time....[rolleyes]

jkimspe
02-20-2007, 11:37 AM
its the pad, some are just dustier than others.

NJ_A4_Lion
04-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Well my Audi dealership is installing this as right now. I should have an answer for you by Wednesday. I am getting the following done:

1. Slotted rotors, front and rear

2. Stainless steel lines, front and rear

3. Posi-quiet semi-metallic pads, (stoptech's recommended pad, front and
rear)

4. Motul RBF performance fluid

Papachristou
04-28-2007, 09:15 AM
you will notice a difference, i went with the ECS (whose service it terrrible) 3.0 upgrade with CD/slotted rotors all around and SS lines and new fluid... but in hindsight, these guys are right, i should gone straight to BBK oh well live and learn

Greg9
05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
I have Powerslots rotors, Goodridge SS lines Satisfied Grandsport 6 pads and ATE superblue fluid. This setup works great. Considering that the rotors are stock size I was really impressed with how well they work.

I got this from Tire Rack.
The rotors were $100 each
Front pads $91
Rear pads $50
Fluid is like $15 a can
I cant remember how much the lines were but i think everthing was less than $500

jriddle11
05-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Well my Audi dealership is installing this as right now. I should have an answer for you by Wednesday. I am getting the following done:

rear)

Let me know what you think about the set-up because I am lokking to do the same thing. What slotted rotors did you get?

NJ_A4_Lion
06-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry man it's been like 3 months later haha... The upgrade was worth it. More bite during braking, better petal feel. However, the brakes do squeak a bit. This was more noticeable during the first few weeks. It does not squeak as much anymore. The rotor is the SportStop brand.

Alpinevelo
06-30-2007, 01:18 PM

rear)

Did you order the upgrades through the dealer as well?

Thanks!